England

Gracie

8 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

I may be the minority here but, what is the great attraction of football, I have never understood the fervor that 22 grown men chasing a pigs bladder causes! :hardhat:

Two or three hours out away from SWMBO :naughty::naughty: :hiding:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

Only the souped up ones Iain with somebody sitting on it. Very funny to watch.

I sat on the triplex one at the golf course once. Great fun ,but, a modicum of skill is required to keep it running straight !:facepalm:

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that you aren't even in a minority with that view Wildfuzz. It seems to me that an endless succession of football contests infect our lives both within and outside the season. No sooner will we have had to endure this one and the World Cup will loom upon us.

• Like 3

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, ChrisB said:

Who earned less in their career than some of these earn in a week.

my husband signed for the Arsenal when a teenager but having got an apprecticeship in the print was forced to leave the Arsenal as he couldn't afford to stay. Even though his bosses, who were huge fans of the Arsenal and immensely proud that one of their employees played for them, promised the club he could have all the time off for play, training etc.  that was needed, the club  insisted he  relinquish his apprenticeship. He was forced to leave the club as he couldn't afford to stay, because his earning potential was much bigger in the print. It remains his single biggest regret in life and he feels very strongly that he was born a generation or so  too  early. 

regards

Carole

Edited by addicted
typing omission
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, addicted said:

my husband signed for the Arsenal when a teenager but having got an apprecticeship in the print was forced to leave the Arsenal as he couldn't afford to stay. Even though his bosses, who were huge fans of the Arsenal and immensely proud that one of their employees played for them, promised the club he could have all the time off for play, training etc.  that was needed, the club  insisted he  relinquish his apprenticeship. He was forced to leave the club as he couldn't afford to stay, because his earning potential was much bigger in the print. It remains his single biggest regret in life and he feels very strongly that he was born a generation or so  too  early. 

regards

Carole

And that's another thing how on earth are the huge salaries and sponsorship deals justified, I work hard to, all for two and six a week.:angel:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, donnygeoff said:

It is in our own hands now.....

Really? Has Maradonna signed for England on the quiet :naughty: In your own hands indeed! :party: Nah no change of country, but I am dreading the World Cup qualifiers.:cry

cheersIain

Well love him or hate him Rooney had an excellent game today and proved his worth to England regardless of your mockery of his ears. Sorry Ian you sound like a  biased "plastic scouser" whereas I am a genuine born & bred Mancunian. Remember the only ship that has never sailed into Liverpool is The Premiership

two guns

Boycee

• Like 1

I have said this before......I started this thread for a bit of fun and for like minded footie fans to join in, I really didn't mean for it to become a thread for anyone to throw insults or to cause arguments

If the Pesky Mods feel it necessary to delete this topic I would completely understand and will voice my opinions on the Euro's by pm to my friends on here who are interested

Grace

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gracie said:

If the Pesky Mods feel it necessary to delete this topic I would completely understand and will voice my opinions on the Euro's by pm to my friends on here who are interested

Hi Gracie,

The pesky mods won't delete this friendly fred, and there is no arguing that I can see.

If people don't like the topic, don't read it and don't reply to it, simples...

The peeps who YAWN, could start their own thread on BORING subjects like motor vehicles following each other round in circles.  :hardhat:

PS.

Well done N. IRELAND first ever win in a major tournament...

• Like 4