slides of the 70s!

C.Ricko

Blimey Jonny, are you in a destructive mood this morning? If anyone should be able to avoid collisions and sinkings it should be the pilots! :o

come on Simon you have to ask these things or you will neva find out about the history not something thats ever happend to me as i can handle my boats :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Ok Jonny,

we built 3 gunships for the Lebanon, while they were being driven round one of the boats had a core plug fall out of the engine, the boat filled with enough water to draw it in through the air intake and bend the con rods in the engine the boat was left in Turkey for repairs.

Apart from the time you rear ended that concrete barge thing. Don't think I didn't see you! Never seen you move so quick! :naughty:

that wasn't my fault the throttle was off a rib & it would let me have forward gear only reverse which dint help me.

Ok Jonny,

we built 3 gunships for the Lebanon, while they were being driven round one of the boats had a core plug fall out of the engine, the boat filled with enough water to draw it in through the air intake and bend the con rods in the engine the boat was left in Turkey for repairs.

that sounds expensive :o:o

Hi Clive...

Just picked up on this very interesting thread relating to your Dad's time at Catfield...Amazing the different types of craft that he built there...some of which I knew absolutely nothing about...Gunships ???

Moving further on into the thread a lovely pic of one of the building shops at Stalham showing a 'Siesta' in build ??

Sorry Clive...Hope you don't think I'm being picky, but although I have to agree that the stem and cabin profile is definitely 'Siesta' the cabin sides are certainly not...and the interior shows a bulkhead complete with a light fitting to the port side which the Siesta's wouldn't have had...So she has to be 'Clarion'

A fine addition to pics of her that I now have from build to sadly the the pics you took of her at her demise in Yarmouth earlier this year...Is she still there do you know ???

Great to also see one of my old workmates Dick Grapes at his bench working on screens for possibly 'Clarion' ? or one of my beloved 'Broadlanders' that would have been in build at the same time...True nostalgia :love

Do you know who took the photograph ??

Best regards

Terry :Stinky

Hi Terry,

Sorry, I have not followed it up yet but you are right, there is a bulkhead there and Dick is definitely makeing what looks like a screen base.

It was Dick who gave me the slide, I hope he finds some more!

I will try and print the picture out tomorrow and ask but I suspect you are right ;)

• 1 year later...

Following on from the pictures of the horizon 43's, i have an original sales add in a magazine somwhere which i will dig out and scan, does anybody else have any other info or pics on these boats?

Many thanks Josh

Hi Josh,

I would be interested in seeing the advert, I do have a 'hull and deck' pamphlet as well as the badly copied one on this thread but thats about it, we had hundreds of brochures and leaflets at Catfield but when we rented the old offices out they were all dumped.!

I will try and find it out this week, ive got hundreds of old mags that i bought ages ago to see if there were any reports or anything, the only thing i found was a sales add.

I also have details of one that was for sale in the netherlands which looked a very nice example i will try and scan that also, If you have any more pics i would love to see them :grin:

Thanks Josh

ive attached another of ours for you.

Picture001-1.jpg

I do remember one for sale in the Netherlands, I think it was red and white, there were two for sale last year one of which looked very nice (advert gone now) and I was told of one which went to the British Virgin Islands on Charter which was later sold over there but I am not sure about that one..

Nice Avenger by the way. cheers

Yes that sounds like the one, i think it was fitted with smaller engines to.

Ours was for sale last year before we took it off to use it to go on holiday, i think it will be going back up for sale in the new year.

Josh