slides of the 70s!

C.Ricko

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
You don't see many of them on the Roads these days

Andy

Not after i`ve had them :oops::oops: . My first care was an Avenger back in 82. It was an immaculate condition low milage 1500 GL auto, and i felt like king of the road, untill i crashed it twice. I also bent the back axle doing a "spin" and hitting the kirb when it went too far. I remember driving up to the broads in it in 82, and 83. I`ve always said if i could find one in mint condition, i`d like to snap it up, but as you say Andy, you don`t see many of them these days. I should have looked after it a lot better. Regards to all .............. Neil.

How many horizon 43 cruisers were built ? were they all flybridge models? were they different variations?

Reclez seems to have a different saloon door configuartion to ours.

Im still searching for the add clive! :lol:

Josh

Hi Josh,

I think we only built about 15/20 and am not sure how many were pilot boats or work boats I will have a ask about as we still have about 5 people with us who built them

reclez was never paid for, she caught fire and sank in the Solent, apparently there were problems with the toilet which the purchaser could not agree were sorted :?

I see so there maybe not many left now then, were the cruisers all sold in kit form? do you remeber what sort of price they were new?

I have just found the magazine with the sales ad for the horizon 43, ive also found another which advertises the horizon 43 and a horizon 37 transocean? i will try and get them scanned and uploaded.

Thanks Josh

We sold some as 'hull and deck' we had one back to redo the headlining which had been done in half inch ply :lol:

The 'Transocean' was initially made by Herbert Woods boatyard but they had problems with the boat 'falling over' when she was on the plane, we sorted that out but sold very few, the mould was loaned to a chap on Ellough airfield who produced another superstructure but that was not as 'cool' as the original, she was a good looking boat but lost a lot of room n the pointy bows..

some people think that it was one of Brooms design and build but that is Wrong.

I cut up the superstructure about 10 years ago....

• 5 weeks later...