shore power

Hi Andy

I did mine myself, but I do have a good understanding of these things. I used armoured cable so I didn't have to double insulate it where it passed through bulkheads, and also a consumer unit with RCD. I also fitted a selector switch to flick between shore power and inverter for the mains sockets, and wired it so the battery charger also comes on only when shore power is fitted.

The actual job itself depends on your knowledge of electical installations but if in any doubt, get a professional in!

Hi Andy

i think its a must on a cold winters day when you have no other heating that oil filled rads 240v is a must plus all the other stuff you can use to keep you & the rest of the family happy.

jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Hi Andy

I installed the shorepower specifically for battery charging in the yard. I have never hooked up to shorepower anywhere else, even over the winter, as normally someone else has got to the hook-up pillar first. As they each only have one socket of each type, they are very sought after in winter and therefore difficult to come by! The idea was to take an oil rad with us, but so far we've had to rely on our Propex's to keep us toasty.

Hi Andy

I installed the shorepower specifically for battery charging in the yard. I have never hooked up to shorepower anywhere else, even over the winter, as normally someone else has got to the hook-up pillar first. As they each only have one socket of each type, they are very sought after in winter and therefore difficult to come by! The idea was to take an oil rad with us, but so far we've had to rely on our Propex's to keep us toasty.

Knock yourself up a 32a to 16a fused adaptor Mark, the 32a is normally free as there are no electric boats using them for recharge. You can even do as I have and make a 32 to 2 off 16a fused adaptor so two people can use it.

Now thats a good idea David! Are the 32A plugs easily available, as most caravan type shops only have the 16A?

Now the more sensible boater would have one made up already like me :lol::lol::lol::grin::grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

I popped into Norfolk Marine today, only to be told they don;t have the 32-16A adaptors, but do sell the plugs. I did manage to get one already made up from Brian Ward Electical in Brundall though, so I may actually get to use my shore power this winter :grin:

Thanks for the advice guys, as I didn't even know you could use an adaptor :clap