Oh Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroadAmbition

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Iain, the fenders should be blue and hanging on by bits of rope and string!

JM, Robin is very good at that, I am sure he will manage fine adding them ! :naughty:  Thought I did well finding  a rust free Blue one! :party:

cheersIain

• Like 1

Re Robins.

As the chassis was generally triangular, the driver and passenger were partly sitting outside the chassis, making any impact with many objects quite fatal for the driver and or front seat passenger. No seat belts in those days either

Just for the record, In "Only fools and Horses" the car Delboy drove was NOT a Reliant Robin, it was the slightly larger Reliant Regal.

My parents bought a new blue one of those as my father could drive it on just a motorcycle licence, provided the reverse gear was disabled. 

How stupid was that, some larger motorbikes need reverse just to park them. This ruling was before any European legislation came into play.

PS can we have small medium and large bananas now, and all sizes in between.

On 23/06/2016 at 3:44 PM, LondonRascal said:

I guess a good one for me would be RA53CAL :)

What about RA56AL`S.

It would be easy to find one for Karen, KAR3N, but for me it`s a lot more difficult, and i`ve not found one yet. I did find my initials NSL on a historic tractor at an agricultural show about 6-7 years back, but i doubt he`d sell it.

I really don't understand this passion for cherished number-plates. By and large they are completely meaningless to the majority of us. Okay, so one or two are clever and one or two are funny but other than that I really fail to see the attraction. Still, each to their own, great for the sellers. I once, luckily, bought an old banger for lugging garden waste & boating bits around, it had a number plate beginning with ALF so obviously the car was affectionately known as Alf. Cost me a ton, sold it for eight times that when it died, I may not understand the passion but I sure as heck appreciated it at the time! 

• Like 2

Nearly made a mistake buying a plate for Kaz  2 years ago for her new car, there's more Kaz plates out there but couldn't tie one to her, missed one which made her surname. So new car 14 plate, Checking for hours came up with my name and hers with the 14 in it.

ST14KAZ   Bingo picked checked with a few of the family yip it's ok.

So I printed it off to show Kaz it was on my desk at work when a contractor said I like that.

STI 4 KAZ - well that saved me an ar$£ kicking I didn't even see that.

• Like 1