Oh Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroadAmbition

4 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Our GC Jeep has gone to a new owner and my cherished reg plate will soon be adorning the 'GriffTile' van (Once the van amended log book arrives).  So, we - Well MrsG to be factual - have decided on purchasing a new Grand Cherokee Jeep (That is new to us not brand new) We are looking at the 'Summit' model around 2014 onwards.  My question - does anyone here have any experience with these models, their weak points / Achilles heel etc.  Thanks  Griff

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806207676071?price-from=20000&postcode=dn93jj&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=27500&aggregatedTrim=Summit&model=GRAND CHEROKEE&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&fuel-type=Diesel&make=JEEP&radius=1500&page=1

My Brother in Law is on his third GC, he swears by them. Second generation, third generation now 4th, he's had one of each with no major issues on any of them.

• Thanks 1

I always dreamed of owning the plate W1 LKO which became available with other W prefix plates in 2000. I made an inquiry with DVLA and registered my interest in advance and was notified that the number would go to auction, something I was expecting, with a guide price of £3000 - £5000. It was a tremendous extravagance but as the auction was being held in Birmingham. about 45 minutes from where I lived I thought why the hell not. It must be an omen.

I toddled off to the auction, registered, got my number and waited with baited breath for my lot to come up. I was not new to auctions, but had never been to a DVLA auction before. I was quite encouraged to see that other numbers W4 LLY was one I remember, going for close to or sometimes less than their estimate.

The lot prior to mine closed with no bidders and so it began.

Lot 108, the registration number W1 LKO, suitable for any vehicle registered on or after 1st March this year (2000) or may be held on retention. I can open the bidding on commission at seventy thousand pounds. 

I left

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I always dreamed of owning the plate W1 LKO which became available with other W prefix plates in 2000. I made an inquiry with DVLA and registered my interest in advance and was notified that the number would go to auction, something I was expecting, with a guide price of £3000 - £5000. It was a tremendous extravagance but as the auction was being held in Birmingham. about 45 minutes from where I lived I thought why the hell not. It must be an omen.
I toddled off to the auction, registered, got my number and waited with baited breath for my lot to come up. I was not new to auctions, but had never been to a DVLA auction before. I was quite encouraged to see that other numbers W4 LLY was one I remember, going for close to or sometimes less than their estimate.
The lot prior to mine closed with no bidders and so it began.

Lot 108, the registration number W1 LKO, suitable for any vehicle registered on or after 1st March this year (2000) or may be held on retention. I can open the bidding on commission at seventy thousand pounds. 
I left
Owner of Wilkinson's the chain of stores I would expect.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

One of my father's friends started a caravan park in Dovercourt after the war and offered my dad  chance to partnership the business. He turned him down saying it would never take off. A few years later he had 7 fields full of static caravans.

He bought himself a mk10 Jaguar with the number CJV123. His name was Charles Jack Vidler. Shortly after he told his wife her birthday present was a secret. Eventually the only clue he gave her was OO1010. This was the plate on a brand new mini.

As for me I wanted COL1N and tried to save enough to put it on a moped. I didn't get anywhere near enough.

The best plate I've seen on our travels was on a beautiful red Ferrari. S70LEN.

Colin:default_winko:

2 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Owner of Wilkinson's the chain of stores I would expect.

I'm not sure it was "Uncle Tony". Suggestion was it was my namesake, an ex Everton footballer, though I did once see it, on a Bentley Continental Mulliner driving around Leicester, which is quite local to the Wilkinson family of course

One of my father's friends started a caravan park in Dovercourt after the war and offered my dad  chance to partnership the business. He turned him down saying it would never take off. A few years later he had 7 fields full of static caravans.
He bought himself a mk10 Jaguar with the number CJV123. His name was Charles Jack Vidler. Shortly after he told his wife her birthday present was a secret. Eventually the only clue he gave her was OO1010. This was the plate on a brand new mini.
As for me I wanted COL1N and tried to save enough to put it on a moped. I didn't get anywhere near enough.
The best plate I've seen on our travels was on a beautiful red Ferrari. S70LEN.
Colin:default_winko:

Saw one going in the other direction back in the eighties on a black Merc 500: PM 1. Behind the wheel Paul McCartney with Linda as passenger

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Paul Raymond had FU2 but gave it to Fiona Richmond for her E Type

When I lived in Chorleywood (Loudwater) in the 60s Jimmy Tarbuck had a 280SL with COM1C. That was when he was on his climb, he didn't stay there too long.

I think Paul Daniels had MAG1C

11 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Paul Raymond had FU2 but gave it to Fiona Richmond for her E Type

When I lived in Chorleywood (Loudwater) in the 60s Jimmy Tarbuck had a 280SL with COM1C. That was when he was on his climb, he didn't stay there too long.

I think Paul Daniels had MAG1C

COM 1 C was spotted in a garage in the 70's and the picture was put in the Sun newspaper (it was on a second hand Austin 1800) Believe the car was sold to Daniels for about 5 times it's asking price