WiFi Hotspots

mbird

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Yes of course - no problem at all.

The map is an on-going project and I am continually adding information and updating.  As I said above, if anyone has any information they think should be added, please let me know and I will be happy to do it.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After the last 2weeks out on the broads and between Ian and myself our signals on our mobile phones were sometimes a no go. I went for around 4days on north river, where my mobile said "No Service". I could not understand how others were writing post, when I could not get a signal and how dear JawsOrca could post on Barton Broad. Should we have mobiles with different contract just so we get signals / service?

1 hour ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

After the last 2weeks out on the broads and between Ian and myself our signals on our mobile phones were sometimes a no go. I went for around 4days on north river, where my mobile said "No Service". I could not understand how others were writing post, when I could not get a signal and how dear JawsOrca could post on Barton Broad. Should we have mobiles with different contract just so we get signals / service?

Hi Marina,

Its not always your phone suppliers signal that is the problem, but the actual make of mobile phone. Ruth and I both have Samsungs, and a signal is a hit n miss with both models. However,Ruth's sisters is a pretty basic Nokia, and it works fine. We are all on EE. I do use THREE with a dongle for my laptop as I have found it to be the best all rounder for PC work on holiday.

cheersIain

• Like 2

I found this year that I could get fairly good coverage on O2 everywhere on the north except Acle. That seemed very strange given that it was the most open expanse of land. Hubby is on EE I think and his was much more hit and miss than mine ... but he did seem to have coverage anywhere that I didn't!

The wi-fi wasn't working on Moon Beam which we reported to Horizon Craft so they could take a look for the next hirer. But we were able to connect up via other Richardson's boats that were near us if they had their wi-fi switched on.

Similar situation with me Iain.  Got two phones both on EE, the nokia smartphone is hit n miss but my ancient samsung clamshell type phone is a lot better. Strange isnt it? 

I too use three with a dongle and I would say it is 70/30 successful in getting a signal, although sometimes I do have to put it on a USB extension lead and hang it out the window!

trev.

• Like 2