Calypso forward well..

C.Ricko

Probably not in the right area but because this is quite a clever conversion (IMHO) I thought I would show post some pictures up for you all to see, the photos are not that good but I think you will get the idea.

I should have put a picture of the standard door in, it is a sloping job which is hard to open and generally leaks!

post-503-136713574438_thumb.jpg

post-503-13671357446_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713574483_thumb.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure Dan will approve Clive :naughty:

I have very little to worry about at work but this has made me loose a lot of sleep lately :yawn:

we hope to put a knackered Perkins 108 in and some whineing hydraulics so it reminds Dan of the 'good old days' when Blue Line were operating from Horning :naughty::naughty:

I have very little to worry about at work but this has made me loose a lot of sleep lately :yawn:

we hope to put a knackered Perkins 108 in and some whineing hydraulics so it reminds Dan of the 'good old days' when Blue Line were operating from Horning :naughty::naughty:

That might just do it :naughty: Some seventies curtain material and he wont notice a thing!!

That might just do it :naughty: Some seventies curtain material and he wont notice a thing!!

Good lord! It's mutilation!! I have one night off and this is what happens :norty:

Actually I'm quite relieved... I couldn't quite picture what this alteration would look like and wasn't sure if it might look a bit un-natural! The fact the well has been re-sunk etc means it looks to have worked well. I think I might have to inspect it myself next month :love

Here's a before shot, the door wasn't the best design and was awkward to open & close, potentially lethal if windy and not bumping your head as you went out was also an acquired art I seem to remember: post-93-136713574505_thumb.jpg

I can live with the binning of the Perkins, but I was a bit more concerned by the interior as unless I am mistaken it does not look to be being refitted to its original style. I have attatched a photo for your boat fitters to mirror Clive as it looks like they are to be going a bit off the rails ;)

post-93-136713574782_thumb.jpg

All the best

Dan

Wow nice one Clive, but can you keep it hidden if you are going to put it on the fleet. If Jenny sees it she is going to want it done to ours. Might stop here hankering after a single level boat though. Have you got any plans to make any alteration to the "blunt end"

Actually would like to have a look at it when you have finished I am sure there are other modern ideas that we might like.

Hi Clive

once again your team & shed loads of cash make a project look realy realy cool looking.

I always thought if you could tare the cockpit & saloon windows off & make it into a full sliding canopy like the the Hampton. with the new step design you have just show us with some sort of brace so the windows will stay upright.

the one problem with the window on a calypso is it holds the top half of the roof up.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

the one problem with the window on a calypso is it holds the top half of the roof up.

not if you do this Jonny, the white bits are fiberglass bonding the deck to the roof, there are similar the other side...

Dan,

I will get some wallboarding in and give it to the boys!

Gordon,

we were going to do the blunt end doors but worked out we would loose too much space.

post-503-136713574794_thumb.jpg

Fascinating thread. I'm sure the new front well arrangement will be an improvement. Thanks for posting the pictures Clive & it would be great to see some more as the work progresses. Presumably you think the extra money you spend on modifying the front will be worth it in terms of future bookings?

. Presumably you think the extra money you spend on modifying the front will be worth it in terms of future bookings?

Hi Simon,

The Calypso was in a really rough state so she was stripped and put in the shed to refit over the summer and winter between jobs etc, the thing is we kind of get carried away sometimes and 'customise' what we are doing!

I dont think she was really 100% woth it but as a class of her own she will do us well for the next 20 or so years as she should book well (a good layout) and be a 'classic' design which is always nice to see a good example of as well as keeping variety in our fleet.

Hi Clive

the way the new bow layout like i said a realy good improvement as the way the old steps were a little steep if a couple of who might have arthritis trouble could find it hard but i think with the new layout could suit most couples.

If you going to stick this calypso back in the fleet i would stick some sort of customer feed back card in could work for all your boats it would help you improve your boats & give you a different view from the hirer which you might not spot or your staff.

would take richo's the next step up i think it would be the only yard with a customer feedback log on you boats.

Full of ideas :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

Here you are Jonny,

Just for you and whoever else want to see :)

today I took some photos,

Progress has been slower than usual as there is only one person on this job ( the other moved over to the development side of things)

However she is looking fantastic, the windows have been made for the sides of the doors and the electrics are going in. the engine has also been installed so she is getting close to launch.

post-503-136713619235_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713619259_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713619282_thumb.jpg