C.Ricko

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Olive and I have the pleasure of having this boat Calypso 1 in may as our prize of winning the raffle at Ludham for a short break.looking forward to it as Clive Richardson and his team have done a supurb job on it as you can see by the pictures.I went on it last week to have a look and it looks grand.will post up our trip in it when we get back including some pics...

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The front end has been completely tansformed, and with the different shaped side windows, it looks like an all new design. WELL DON RICKO`S :clap:clap:clap:clap .

Looks nice that, cheers for the photos, been looking forward to seeing the overall look.

The side profile looks a bit bare, I guess there are some name plates or advertising to go between windows?

It does look really smart... a shame I am not hiring this year! :cry

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
hi clive,just a quick one for you.how many times in a typical hire crafts working life would you need to totally refit the boat?

Hi Andy,

sorry for the delay in responding, It all really depends on how the boat has been looked after and what resourses you have.

This boat had been sitting about for a few years and had things 'robbed' off it as well as a rough engine, so as we had the manpower to do the job we stripped her out and started again adding a few improvements along the way.

When we refit a boat from scratch or build a new one we generally justify the standard of the build by saying they will be in the fleet for 20 years although they will probably last longer, you can build boats cheaper but that is a different model to ours where boats are put together cheaper and sold off sooner but do not last as long.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, Will you be doing the same complete refit to any other boats of the calypso range, or is this a one off?. Also, when you decide to do this sort of thing, do you ever ask your customers how they would like to see it done, or is that not really feasable?. Regards ..............Neil.

we dont plan any more complete refits as we will soon be all out on building new boats, but we still have major work on boats during winter months which means carrying on with out re engineing programme (normally 10-15 per year) and new galleys/ showers etc although probably not all on one boat all in one go.

We listen to customers and ask opinions but have to do what makes sense which is not always what we are asked for :lol:

I doubt we will do another Calypso as this was a 'summer job' which was a prime candedate as she was a virtual wreck.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, What you and your team have done is really spectacular, and i sincerely hope you undertake these re-builds in future, as i`m not really a fan of these ultra modern desings, so the chance to hire a real Broads classic, with a brand new interior with up to the minute fixtures and fittings etc is very appealing, not just to me, but to many other traditionalists, so please do more in the future. Regards ..................Neil.

• 1 month later...