Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Hi Clive

It is great to see a plan come together, you must have been so proud seeing her float for the first time.

What a fantastic looking ship and great choice of name.

Thank you very much for keeping us all up to date with the progress through to the end.

cheersbar

Clive,

What is going on with the BA numbers, 816S on the bow but 816S.8 on the stern?

What does the .8 signify?

Looks fantastic, and designed for her operating environment,

6' 9" airdraft (as all the old Broads cruiser's seem to claim to be on their dashboards).

But look how far the helmsman stands above the roof line with the canopy down....

And that is a very low cabin profile!

Will Dan get a photo of her first venture through the Potter Heigham or Wroxham bridges?

Hope to see her in the flesh on my next Broads trip.

Looking at Dan's photos there are a few features that the thread haven't mentioned...

Solar panels on the aft cabin roof...

And what is that coming out of the aft bulkhead by the engine cover?

It looks like a shore power plug, not a shore power socket, it is definitely a plug...

So does she have a cable reel fitted?

Hi Martin,

It seems you have been studying the photos!

The -8 is for the rangers to see at a glance what the maximum amount of people allowed on the boat..

As for the extras, she has solar pannels , reversing camera, speed log, TV in front cabin, shore power with auto changeover, deck lighting, tank senders for water fuel and toilet tanks, and a few other little bits.

we did not advertise some of it in case we did not put it on or as in the case of the GPS it is not working as we have a faulty unit :oops:

also we have not supplied a cable but will.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Hi Martin,

It seems you have been studying the photos!

The -8 is for the rangers to see at a glance what the maximum amount of people allowed on the boat..

Now that IS a good idea, and one that other yards should adopt.

Why a maximum of 12?

Is it supposed to be linked to the stability test, or to the number of berths?

Martin

Some time ago a study was conducted into human behaviour in confined spaces. It was concluded that twelve people is the maximum, safe number that can be contained within a small space ......

beyond this number tribal behaviour manifests itself which can lead to violent/inappropriate behaviour.

Some time ago a study was conducted into human behaviour in confined spaces. It was concluded that twelve people is the maximum, safe number that can be contained within a small space ......beyond this number tribal behaviour manifests itself which can lead to violent/inappropriate behaviour.

Perhaps someone should tell this to the Education lot? :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Clive,

I would like to thank you for starting (and finishing) this thread......

It has opened my eyes into the building of a boat, from making a hull, then a mould, so that you can make the hull.....

It has been very interesting and informative, and the end product looks FANTASTIC.

Can't wait to bump into her on the river for a propper look.

:clap:clap:clap

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Also, if you click on the picture, in the background to the right, you can see the Calypso that was refurbed for last season. Two caught on camera at once :clap:clap

Thanks for the pics and video Clive - It was really good to see them last week, but I was then "out of service" for a few days so not been able to comment.

She is a fab boat - sleek, swish, stylish, sexy! And I can't wait to see some interior shots. Like Martin I had scrutinised the pics on zoom for as many clues as possible re her finshinng touches and extras. I was pleased to note curtains ( I think) on the main saloon windows - we found Harmony a bit "clinical" without them last year. Love the "coupe" look windscreen and the rear seat too ( but everything really).

I also started looking on the webcams yesterday to see if I'd catch sight of her ( yes, daft I know) but then Buffalo Bill beat me to it this morning!

We are down this friday ( if our own boat is finished being repaired by another yard after her first "crunch" in 6 years!) so I will have my camera at the ready, with zoom lens on, just in case I get the chance for a peer in as she passes us. Ah, no, she's a friday boat so back home early fri, but you never know, if she is out again that afternoon I may get a glimpse later...

She's a credit to the business, very well done. Wonder when she will make her first venture through Potter?

Karen

Hi Karen,

yes, she has curtains in every window :)

if you get a chance on Friday come over and try and get a preview, she is being turned round..

Glad you like the look of her, there has been lots of care and pride taken in the look of the finished product there are about 5 weeks remaining between the two boats perhaps you could hire her for another week ? :naughty:

Thanks very much Clive - I will take you up on that if we can fit it in. We have to wait till friday to hear if our own boat is ready for us to pick up :mad:

I have noticed the remaining availability already. Broadsman 2 is free just for the weekend as we give her back on the friday, So, you never know, we may well try and extend our trip. I am sure we'll all be smitten by her and 7 days will pass by in a flash.

I hope you have got one of them booked out for a trip yourself?!

Karen

Right,

She has just come back so I took some pictures...

she has not been cleaned so please excuse that and also my camera skills are not too sharp (neither is my camera :) )

as for me taking her out I think you will find that the customers come first ;)

post-503-136713825693_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713825714_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713825737_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713826013_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713826031_thumb.jpg