Richardsons RC45 and RC35

WOW WOW WOW Clive i hope your going to put helm seats like that in every cruiser :grin::grin::grin: love the master bed the saloon sofa WOW

Jonny

I'm with you on the WOW factor Johnny!

Saloon sofa converts into a double berth, doesn't it Clive?

Those curved windows must have given you a few problems with the curtains, do they cover the pointy bit?

Can the curtains next to the helm be easily moved back to give better visibility on the port side when the canopy is closed?

Are there curtains / blinds on the front and back windows in the saloon?

Lots of questions, but I'm sure Karen will fill us in after her trip!

OMG Clive - I am in lurve! she is beautiful. As fabulous inside as out. I will defintely see if we can extend our holiday now :clap

Jonny is right to say she has the WOW factor. The good news for us is that its our turn this year to have the front cabin - Yeeah!

Thanks for posting the pics, I have sent a link to Mike at work and he will no doubt be very pleased that you have made the wife so happy :)

Martin - It's a few weeks yet to our hol but I promise a full report, complete with drooling ( 'cos there will be some, no doubt!)

Karen

I'm with you on the WOW factor Johnny!

Saloon sofa converts into a double berth, doesn't it Clive?

Those curved windows must have given you a few problems with the curtains, do they cover the pointy bit?

Can the curtains next to the helm be easily moved back to give better visibility on the port side when the canopy is closed?

Are there curtains / blinds on the front and back windows in the saloon?

Lots of questions, but I'm sure Karen will fill us in after her trip!

Hi Martin,

Yes, the saloon converts to a double and the curtains slide all the way back, I assume they are where they are because of the canopy having just been put back up..

Personally, I didnt have any problems with the curtains, I just told the girls what I wanted (and what I didnt) :naughty: and after a few funny looks, a bit of swearing and whatever else they made a lovely job :grin:

the front screens have a curtain on poppers and the rear screen has a removable curtain on hooks.

and yes, the pointy bits are covered.

hi clive, thats FANTASTIC !!! im i big fan of broads suncharm its a loverly boat fitted out well and solid but broadsman just takes it to another level, never expected that :clap, love the teak floor and the upholstery. theirs no doubt thats a winner. you should be proud of your vision clive and having the courage to follow it through, you clearly have a team of skilled guys up at stalham. has the work started on the single level version yet?

Hi Martin,

Personally, I didnt have any problems with the curtains, I just told the girls what I wanted (and what I didnt) :naughty: and after a few funny looks, a bit of swearing and whatever else they made a lovely job :grin:

the front screens have a curtain on poppers and the rear screen has a removable curtain on hooks.

and yes, the pointy bits are covered.

I trust that it was them swearing, telling the boss off is allowed,

berating poor down trodden employees who just are trying to cope

with the boss' interior design ideas is not! :naughty::naughty:

She does look fantastic inside as well as outside.

Was the helm seat a custom job as well?

My only down side from the photos is that I'm not too sure about the bit of grab rail fitted as a footrest for the helm,

(at least I presume that is what it is for) it dosn't look deep enough to be comfortable

but perhaps it is only intended to keep potentially mucky feet away from the white helm column.

Lots of easily cleaned gel-coat in the interior, a quick wipe down and she will sparkle ready for the next hire.

I saw the photo of her up at Wroxham, she seemed to be on the Pilot's spot, did they take her through?

Have you made sure both sets of pilots (Wroxham and Potter Heigham) are aware of her dimensions?

Wroxham should be fairly easy, Potter well I do want to see the photos!

I can just imagine being the first customer to ring them them at Potter and who ever is on duty might take the safety first approach

(i.e. Thinking, "I don't want to be the first one to scratch her..", "Sorry no chance today...")

I've only managed to get through on one trip, even when hiring bathtubs,

and even then the pilot managed to scrape the end of the grab rail of our Bounty 37 on the return passage.....

Hi, I think it is proper twine but it is navy blue so should be ok.

Work on the single level should start in about 7 or 8 weeks when the next boat is finished...

Indeed, she is a credit to everyone involved in the design and build of her a very proud moment when she was launched and a feeling of relief when she went off down river last week!

The helm seat is not custom but is right for the boat so like most other bits on her we spent a bit extra because 'in the grand scheme/scale blah blah blah and we blew the budget anyway :grin:

the bridge pilot refused to take her through at 7 foot but I assume that it would have been the tide was coming in...

As for the foot rest, that is a faily standard jobbie but Dad seems to have latched onto the fact that it may need a bit to put your feet in but that may cause problems in the wardrobe,we will see...

Thanks again for all the comments, I will keep passing them on cheersbar

Clive JUST NOTICED BRILLIANT

leading from the saloon/cockpit to the master there is no lift up hatch thingy

cant wait to see what the single level cruiser is going to look like anychance of a big rear well like San Elena or maybe a big backside for us fishermen to put all are gear on like those lushes aquafibre 38s that i love so much :grin::grin:

Jonny

Clive,

Over 1,000 posts, over 23,000 views and still going.

Is this thread a forum record?

The stats shows how interesting everyone has found it to see her go from the Artists impression in September 2009

(has it really been that long) to a fantastic boat that we all want to see in the flesh.

Is it time to start a new thread for the single level model?

I notice that Broadsman has an RC45 logo on the superstructure.

Any ideas on what name to give the next class, is it time for a new BroadsVenture..?

Will it still be refered to as an RC45?

the next one will be either rf (forward drive) or rs (single level) but will probably save the 's' for the sedan but then what do we call the flybridge version???? :?

oh dear, we had better decide soon!

It truly is a cracking boat and a credit to your yard.

I do have one niggling doubt however ... the rear seat looks great but I feel a rail to stop people tumbling over the stern might be advisable, particularly kids?

It truly is a cracking boat and a credit to your yard.

I do have one niggling doubt however ... the rear seat looks great but I feel a rail to stop people tumbling over the stern might be advisable, particularly kids?

cheers Loo,

There is a sign warning not to use the seat while the boat is underway for this reason. We did put high and low handrails on the stern as I thought the high rail was not reachable for kids it is difficult to cover all eventuallities but you do as much as you can forsee.

the next one will be either rf (forward drive) or rs (single level) but will probably save the 's' for the sedan but then what do we call the flybridge version???? :?

oh dear, we had better decide soon!

how about BB = BIg Bird :grin::grin:

SF = Sports Flybridge

Jonny

Just thought I'd echo all the comments above about this boat looking fantastic. What I really like about it is it's ultra modern and yet at the end of the day it's a through and through Broads centre cockpit cruiser, so it's modernity all inter-twined with the traditional, if that makes sense. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in real life.

• 3 weeks later...

Something just occurred to me when I was showing the photos to a family member - I don't see a table anywhere! Where do we eat?

I would have assumed that there's a table somewhere to go in the saloon but I don't see a hole in the flooring to sit it in...

Karen

Something just occurred to me when I was showing the photos to a family member - I don't see a table anywhere! Where do we eat?

I would have assumed that there's a table somewhere to go in the saloon but I don't see a hole in the flooring to sit it in...

Karen

Have a look under the helm seat ;)