Richardsons RC45 and RC35

• 4 weeks later...

we had a shuffle round the other day and squeezed 3 in the shed next to the Broadlander plug,

these are Broadsman 4 and 5 and also 'Moon Voyager' which will be let from Moonfleet in Stalham..

we have had a slight change of plan, we are now only building one single level 'Broadlander' for 2013 and will now be having another 2 'Carousel' and then 2 more Broadsman.

post-503-136713952837_thumb.jpg

I guess we are, the boats we build are large as we replace the larger ones, if we built smaller boats we would possibly build more.

unfortunately the river tax has been increased on these boats by 6% for next year :o (that is on top of the Multiplyer) :roll:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the Forum!

Moon Voyager is booked on the 29th March, but if you phone our bookings office (01692 668979) then we may be able to get you on one of her sister ships....

I stopped updating this thread after the first few builds but I do occaisonally post 'new build' pictures on our facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/BoatingHolidays

cheers. cheers

Hi Clive, Where out on Carousel 16/3 and had a look in Sept, one problem we have our lass is of the short legs type and can't reach the foot rest while at the wheel. I sorted this on Melody which we have every Sept by getting her a folding step.

I was thinking would a stool like on Melody fit in the foot well it looked like 2 legs would fit inside the foot rest to stop the nagging effect lol.

Also would we be allowed South for a few days as tide looks good Sunday? we did it in Sparkling Horizon last year but is a great boat but too low to see anything.

cheers

post-1142-136713959487_thumb.jpg

Hi Siddy,

I am sure a foot stool would be fine on the Carousel, there is a foot rest I think it may be higher than the stool in your picture.

You are free to venture wherever you please (depending on the tides and bridges) during your holiday as long as you bring her back on time!

I am sure you will have a great time cheers

Hi, yip the foot bar on board is higher but she's 5` and can't reach it that's why I wondered if a seat stool of the other boat would fit in the foot well. If not she'll have to man the kettle station instead lol.

1st time we've had this type of design having starting off on a Silver Gem still the best week ever we've had. I like the Sunscharm/Sparkling boats but Sept hol has to be Melody(4) for us great for fishing and viewing seat on hi bench and sofa area.

Clive, do you know if any of the 45's have yet managed to safely pass under Potter Heigham bridge yet? From your very first post on this huge (And very enjoyable) thread I noted it was indeed designed to pass under at 6ft 6"

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but there is now 77 pages to trawl through!

Clive, do you know if any of the 45's have yet managed to safely pass under Potter Heigham bridge yet? From your very first post on this huge (And very enjoyable) thread I noted it was indeed designed to pass under at 6ft 6"

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but there is now 77 pages to trawl through!

Hi,

Yes, I do know that at least one has been through but after the first I doubt the bridge pilot thought it neccessary to call me every time so I am unaware...

Like with all boats though if the tide is right then there is no problem but the tide is not often right at Potter these days..

• 1 month later...

Hi Clive were out on Carousel 2 and it's a nice boat but don't think it wanted to play out this week, after getting iss wet through with top down at Ludham and getting windscreen back up in right order lol. The cover plate fell off the door handle then the kettle spit it's whistle out into my cup. What could happen next but our lass showing me the handle that had come off in her hand. Quickly sorted with a allen key.

The hot water is still piping hot in a morning enough to use till running engine for the great power shower.

Plenty of power for evening use with 240 and heater running. Still running for 1/2 hr around 1930 to top up aand warm water after tea.

Back to the stool I borrowed one from the office see pic.

post-1142-136713965909_thumb.jpg

Very resourseful Siddy, but perhaps you should have left her

to man the kettle station instead as per your previous post!

We had considered putting a sign on the screens saying 'this one down first'

But thought it would not be needed, it appears we were wrong!

I will get on the case..

cheers,

Hi Clive, Where out on Carousel 16/3 and had a look in Sept, one problem we have our lass is of the short legs type and can't reach the foot rest while at the wheel. I sorted this on Melody which we have every Sept by getting her a folding step.

I was thinking would a stool like on Melody fit in the foot well it looked like 2 legs would fit inside the foot rest to stop the nagging effect lol.

Also would we be allowed South for a few days as tide looks good Sunday? we did it in Sparkling Horizon last year but is a great boat but too low to see anything.

cheers

Siddy, Hi. cheersbar

Can you tell me where you can get that folding step, please? :clap:clap