Fair Commodore or Fair Diplomat?

Guest HULLABALOO

Guest HULLABALOO

Hi!

I can't make up my mind which boat to hire next year-Fair Commodore or Fair Diplomat. I'm hoping to go for 11 days with hubby and our 2 kids. Has anyone any experience of these 2 boats and any piccies of Fair Diplomat other than the Blakes brochure? Also, does Commodore have any seating on the upper steering position? Be grateful for any info!

Happy boating,

Hullabaloo :naughty:

Hi

Only hired Fair Regent from Faircraft Loynes so can’t be too specific. However looking at the 2 boats, I see Diplomat is only 31 feet which is fairly compact for 4 people. On that basis alone, if it were me, I think I’d go for Commodore with a bit more space.

Just my 2p. You’ll have a brilliant trip whatever you decide.

cheersbar

Fair Commodore is slightly easier to get off/on, so if that's important that may sway you.

Commodore also has a slightly lower height, so might pass under Ludham Bridge at more times as another consideration.

Both are nice boats of similar standard though... so a tough choice!

All the best

Dan

Agree with what's been said. Diplomat is a lovely boat. I remember reading a thread on the other forum where someone had just managed to squeeze it under Ludham but it would be very tight. You could probably forget St Olaves most of the time as well. It would be Commodore every time for me & don't overlook some lovely equivalent boats like Swan Rapier.