Lightning Strikes Again

7 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Ritaline 1 has changed quite a bit Neil since 1978 !!! :Stinky Sadly I cannot find the pics I took when we hired her then.

cheersIain

Is that the one i said was an ex Summercraft Ian?, i might wrong, but i`m sure she was in Summercrafts fleet?. We passed her again the following morning en-route for Reedham. She was moored at WRC.

2016_0705variousneilspics0082.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Matt said:

How many batteries does Lightening have?

Thunder has 1 engine, two domestic and two for the invertor. We have two alternators.

Hi Matt,

Lightning has one engine battery, four domestic, two inverter/fridge and two bow thruster. We have two alternators which I think are both 125 amp. We are looking at making the fridge switchable between the domestic and inverter batteries because a couple of owners need to use the inverter overnight.

regards

Roy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webntweb said:

Hi Matt,

Lightning has one engine battery, four domestic, two inverter/fridge and two bow thruster. We have two alternators which I think are both 125 amp. We are looking at making the fridge switchable between the domestic and inverter batteries because a couple of owners need to use the inverter overnight.

regards

Roy

Thanks Roy,  we should`nt run out of sparks very soon then? lol.

• 1 month later...
On 31 July 2016 at 0:02 PM, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Evening Shadow, and one of Silverlines fleet following us into Surlingham Broad, and all of us anchoring for lunch.

2016_0705variousneilspics0088.JPG2016_0705variousneilspics0090.JPG2016_0705variousneilspics0092.JPG

That silverline marine boat (silver mist) was driven by a total idiot last week.. It crashed in to Lightning your boat in Beecles yacht station.. There was 6 witness's we all saw it..  Even the harbour master shouted at him and phoned the BA and reported him.. Idiots like that should never be aloud on boats ... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

We all make mistakes no mater how experienced. Perhaps education rather than persecution?

Oh yes I'm not saying I'm perfect.. But when some one comes in to a marina with loads of moored boats tied up .. And a total idiot using full throttle at speed going backwards and forwards .. Crashing into boats .. And damaging then and leaving with out .. Stopping or saying anything they deserved to be persecuted.... It's not nice to see an owner of there own boat what's been damaged.. Upset ..because of some ignorant idiot who has no respect for others.. It's ok for him .. It's not his heartache or his boat damaged.... Luckily I witness it and 5 others did to .. But that's not going to repair the damage to Lighting it was lucky no one was even hurt...  Sorry education wouldn't helped in this matter.... He was lucky he didn't get Lynched...

• Like 10

Spot on Mike yes every body has to learn but when you've invested thousands of pounds in your pride and joy only for someone to damage it and dont give a toss.

The education should be done on hand over not when its to late and damage is being done.

Its getting to the stage were your on constant meet cat look out.

really does spoil the enjoyment.

Rant over Regards John

• Like 3

I have been on the receiving end in a similar situation. On reflection I don't think it's done delibarately or the result of reckless behaviour.

Those that find themselves in this position are most probably in a situation that they havn't encountered before and their boat handling skills most likely rate at "novice".

Now the sensible thing to do is to slow down or stop and give yourself time to think and possibly take note of some timely advice however there are some (mostly 30-40 year old men) who are unable to admit they don't know and resort to the tried and tested way of proving their manhood by resorting to speed! Shouting at them will only increase the assault on their Ego and further fuel their frantic frenzy!

I do feel sorry for those unfortunate enough to be part of their crew and i'm sure thoughts of mutiny must be high on their agenda. I also feel for those that have been affected by the fraca. 

Unfortunately puttinga novice with a big ego into a big, powerful and heavy vessel can be a recipe for chaos!!

• Like 5

and leaving with out .. Stopping or saying anything

That's the part that I find in inexcusable,  we can all cut them some slack, make allowances, see their point of view bend over backwards till we squeak but at the end of the day, if they damage someone else's property, then basically try and do a runner then -  imho they open themselves up for broadsides and then some and deserve every ridicule / criticism that comes their way.

Also I won't stand for the stupid excuse sometimes peddled out - 'Well its only a boat' or 'I didn't know I had to stop and apologise / exchange details' - if the miscreant really thinks that - then he shouldn't be allowed out accompanied by those in white coats let alone in charge of a boat two guns

'B.A' has incurred a few dings before now and no doubt will do again.  When the skipper / crew has come forward to apologise, and it's genuine, I have 'Let them off' more often than not, sighed, shoulders back and just fixed it mysen.  A genuine apology for a mistake, silly or not goes a long way with me, but - try and do a runner on me . . . . . . . . . . . :pcwhack:

Griff

• Like 7

Hi folks,

Many thanks for the report on Lightning. Our syndicate chairman has been in contact, and reported to all syndicate members re this incident, and that Silverline have accepted full liability. The only issue now is, Lightning now has a busy autumn schedule, so may not be repaired untill winter. However, it`s been agreed that Brooms will be doing the repair, so hopefully, when the job is done, it will be carried professionally, and will not be noticeable.

The damage was to the bow roller, and the gel coat in the surrounding area.  

We`ll be on Lightning for our autumn week from 5 November, so if anybody is afloat, or in the area, and you see us, please come and say hello?.

Regards to all ........................... Neil