Good Wash Rooms

Broads01

When hiring I've become used to some standard themes with wash rooms and not all of them positive. What comes to mind is cramped showers, toilets at sometimes odd heights and old style manual toilet flushes that would benefit from updating. When on the Thames this year on Le Boat's Capri my wife and I found the wash room particularly cramped. However I've been pleasantly surprised sometimes as well - Serene Gem has a larger wash room than I expected and a shower separate to the main floor as I recall.

What are your wash room experiences when hiring? Have you come across any spacious ones?

Hi Simon,

Yes, the seperate shower room on Majorca you could hold a dance on the floor space ! :party1:However, On the down side, the seperate heads are tight ! Had a few with the bent head position, 6ft tall was never really for boats in the seventies, things have improved since then. Both toilet areas on Broadway were more than adequate and electric flush too!:party:

cheersIain

2 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Thinking about it now you mention Majorca Iain, the central washroom on Bright Horizon (and presumably the other Horizon 35s with the two ensuite layout) is pretty generous although the rear one much less so.

We had Silver Gem 5, a Horizon35, the middle cabin heads are was quite roomy, the stern one not as much, but as my sis in law is not 6ft tall it was fine for her.

cheersIain