• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

grendel

Broad Ambition - The Model

I went to a model boat show there was a chap there that sold sounds i bought one for a destroyer that whop-whOP-WHOP i played it a couple of times through loud speaker on the boat as i came round too  a club do bit childish but!!!. They all thought the  royal navy was coming.John

well its lads week shortly, and I will be aboard with griff, so who knows what will be recorded

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

typically the windscreen gremlin strikes, I was about to print out the part that I had printed too small, my daughter slammed the oven door and managed to trip the whole houses electric, everything came back up after except the networrk hub that the server is on, so hub is temporarily bypassed with a long cable and  we are back printing.

went out last night, came home to a dark house, only when I switched the cooker off did the trip reset - new cooker time today.

so after buying bits last weekend it was time to set some up to test.

the sound quality isnt good on the video, and I am still getting used to sorting sounds and choosing them - suffice to say sounds can be recorded and added - 16 sounds plus engine start run and stop, 8 sounds can be continuous, 8 play just once

the speaker isnt the best out there, but you have 2 sound channels, both play simultaneously (in fact there are 4 sound channels, but only two pairs so sounds played on the matching two channels play separately, so if your engine sound is on one pair of channels your other sounds need to be on the other to play at the same time. at the moment the engine sound is a detroit diesel, but I have other diesel sounds or we can record BA to get the right sound.

• Like 1

Picked up a better 4" speaker for £1 at the boot fair this morning, so more sound testing later, then it will be time to work out where they will all fit in the boat.

• Like 1

Well the better speaker was fine except the volume had to be turned down or it clicked, so my eyes will be open for another to try and get a decent one. that was all i got done yesterday as i found a great youtube channel  on a couple of guys building their own boat, using trees on the land they owned, great, but i watched all day, and still only managed to see 39 of the 60 episodes, very interesting though.

If money is no object then have a peep at some of the incredibly small yet highly efficient Blue Tooth speakers now on the market. Using your I-Phone you'll be able not only to replicate the sound of BA but also the unintelligible use of the English language, including lower deck expletives,  as practised by Donny's finest when enjoying themselves! You'll also be able to download and play Griiff's revealing playlist! 

• Like 1

Finances are not a restrictive issue where the models are concerned, Grendel is just 'Doing his thing', Now what that exactly equates to I'm not sure, I suspect neither does he either!

Griff

• Haha 2

at the moment the engine sound is a detroit diesel, "

Biggest Detroit we had on test at GM Wellingborough was a 12v-71. Sounded a bit good at full chat.

We had a pair of Detroit Allisons onboard HMS Attacker.  They were two stroke diesels, V configuration.  Each engine had a turbo and supercharger - They sounded awesome

Griff

ah yes, I have that one available, but I can customise and record sounds from the real thing to play on the model with this particular sound module, I could use a bluetooth speaker or hard wire one, but the module already has a 25W amp built in.

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

We had a pair of Detroit Allisons onboard HMS Attacker.  They were two stroke diesels, V configuration.  Each engine had a turbo and supercharger - They sounded awesome

Griff

The screaming demon :default_biggrin:

• Like 1