Broad Ambition - The Model

grendel

this evening was fixing the parts I hadnt been able to previously a piece to thicken the back edge of the roof, and a beam in front of the bulkhead. a bead of glue was also run around the edges of each roof beam to strengthen up the joins.

IMG_9936.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

so bulkheads trimmed down, paper protection from glue added and the roof is in place, in about an hour when the glue is holding, but still flexible the roof will be removed and then properly clamped now I have the spacing.

IMG_9944.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

right the clamps are off, but I do have a slight issue, due to the curve of the roof running both ways, the back edge of the roof does not quite sit flush which is why there is a clamp in this picture, I may need to form some sort of a clamp to lock it in place, at the front it has two arms that hook under the front windscreen, so just needs securing at the rear.

IMG_9946.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

look at that nearly a month has gone by, and I have been too busy working on Royal Tudor to work on the model, and until the beccles wooden boat show I will still be busy, but not too busy to use some of that paint Charlie gave me, the aluminium paint has been applied to the inside of the hull. This is exactly the same paint as Charlie uses on Broad Ambition, because Charlie sorted me out some and passed it to me at the spring meet. Thanks Charlie, there was just enough for a good thick coat to the inside of the model.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If you have used the stuff I gave to you at the meet, then it ain't aluminium paint as we used on 'B.A' it is actually 011 underwater primer that we used on the outside of 'B.A's hull after we had applied many liberal coats of 5 Star Cuprinol.  Having said that there is no harm using 011 on the inside of the hull.  Do you need some more for the outside of the hull?

Griff

• 1 month later...