Broad Ambition - The Model

grendel

23 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Oh no not the windscreen

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Don't worry, now he has been let loose on the real thing these smaller projects are hardly a challenge anymore. 

If you see the old chap slacking Nigel, let us know and we will set up another DIY SOS project so he can keep his skills honed... :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

now that is the first sensible suggestion I have seen, and I hadnt even thought of it myself.

Though many the time i have got half way through something and suddenly thought, that it would be so much easier to 3d print this than sit here filing a big lump of brass or steel.

Many thanks Nigel for inserting that thought.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

It's being an engineer, that helps in problem solving you see.

How many wooden sets did you make last time?

This time print them out of brown plastic an use them

Yikes! He'll be encouraging us to print plastic planking next, then it'll be cabin sides :facepalm:

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

even drawing it up in CAD for 3d printing is a challenge, , an hour and I have the front screen prepared, it just needs the intersection angle between it and the side screen doing, but I have to do the side screens and the plinth first the plinth has to be flat and horizontal on the top, rounded on the bottom, and angled back to the sides

:default_dunce: :default_icon_idea: off to check the cad model, I think I have dropped a clanger here, the model is generally modelled at 1:1 in CAD, so I have imported the part into the printer- it has chosen the units for me, and likely scaled the part to 1:10 not the 1:12 I need so I need to scale it to 83% of the size it comes into the printer. 

• Sad 1

so while waiting for prints I made a decision and visited the southern model show today rather than tomorrow, this is a good place for bargains on parts, so Radio gear has been procured as well as a sound unit, batteries and other parts I had been planning on buying for the models, some tools and other items were also procured

• Like 1