Thurne Lion

Mowjo

Went in this afternoon for a quick one and a nose. What a wonderful job Rick and crew have done - and still are, since there's a lot remaining to complete.

The Lion was a pub I used to visit fairly often by boat - until about thirteen or so years ago.

With the changes and that welcome, it's very much back on my agenda.  I'm looking forward to there being kitchens again....

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

did I mention that we are a bit nosey as well? :liar

Not me, I rarely look in that section, makes it more interesting when you actually meet someone.

Besides if I don't like you I may as well meet you to find out instead of deciding based on something you typed....Thats why nobody likes me!:naughty:

thank you for all the kind words and for all those whom popped down this weekend to say hello...

it has been a manic 6 weeks but we got there and beer is flowing

we will be offering a bbq this weekend fri night, sat day/night and sunday day/night 

normal food service should start from mondayand we will continue to potter about getting pictures up on wall etc

cheers 

rick

• Like 12

1 hour ago, RickWhiteHorse said:

we looked at it last year but needs knocking down and starting again.

i was told it has been bought by someone already that is greek/cypriot/turkish (excuse the vagueness)

Stereotype alert...

Kebab restaurant... ;)

16 minutes ago, SGWilko said:

Stereotype alert...

Kebab restaurant... ;)

Whatever, if they do not provide what the holiday makers and regular boaters, owners and locals for the Winter trade want they will not survive. It is a great shame that this pub has gone downhill nowadays, it was always a handy stopping place despite the horrendous beer and service of the latter days.

I wish the new owners all my best wishes but it will be an up hill struggle.

On the bright side, perhaps Rick could sell them some beer.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...