Running Engines Shock Warning Following Tragedy.

Boaters

Just to stir things up a bit but that conker story was in fact, just that.

The truth was that the mess left behind needed extra work to tidy away so the school did not want to pay overtime so they banned it claiming H and S regs.

Organised events however do need a level of protection.

Back to topic, I think you got to admit to yourself that death creeps up to you in many forms and the death of that couple was a bit of a odd one and when you look at the chances of that happening....

Buy and fit an alarm why not? but don't leave common sense at home by trusting it all the time.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

There is also another investigation underway following an incident in Cardiff earlier in November.

The point about the 'rescuers' being affected should be a lesson to us all to take care and not put more lives at risk through good intentions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-fatality-cardiff

• Like 1

On 14/08/2016 at 2:12 PM, JanetAnne said:

Maybe, just maybe, if we were to perhaps supply all hire boats with a games compendium, a crib board and a rowing dinghy as standard and remove half the electrical kit currently on board we would not be running engines quite so much?

Yes I am quite sure I am very out of touch with the requirements of a modern family but have we gone to far when half the equipment on a boat just dies without the engine running constantly!

Not  needed in our case - we bring our own (except ours is a sailing dinghy) and not forgetting the wind-up radio!

A glamper would probably hate camping and a camper would be bored glamping.

I guess there's room for both tastes; as for me ....

I look down on the campers and up to the glampers

but if I was in a pickle I would seek  advice from a camper.

PS I could concider living in a modified, floating shipping container, thoughtfully mounted I think it would pass under most bridges and wouldn't require planning permission .......... Maybe my next project .......... Ebay here I come.