Teak the deck.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest chriscraft

Yes that,s sounds more reasonable,and looking back at the pic,s(not seen them before),the stuff does look nice,i really need my bathing platform anti -slipped,do you think they would be intresed in a small amount ,or could i do it myself??

Hi Trev

One of the companies I saw at LIBS was called Foredeck Ltd. Their product was very similar to Tek Dek, but they claimed to be cheaper. The chap I spoke to also said if you could make a paper template of the area and send it to them, they would make up the decking as a complete panel for you to fit yourself. I will eventually want to do our bathing platform too, so I'll definatley give these guys a chance to quote.

For reference their web site is http://www.fore-deck.com

Always worth shopping about !!

Just one thing though, whoever you get to supply/fit the decking, make sure you have the "borders" I notice on that web page Mark that the majority of pictures show decking without borders and I don't think this looks very nice:-

post-699-136713653343_thumb.jpg

Where as here is mine (with borders):-

post-699-136713653593_thumb.jpg

Obvously they all "do" decking with or without borders, I just think that although there would probably be a few pennies to be saved, it just doesn't look finished...

Just my 2p worth..

I completely agree Luke! I think I recall from the conversation I had with their MD that they can offer either with or without borders, but I would always go for the "with" option personally.

Incidentally, what is that extra bit of steelwork on your transom next to the fender cage above the starboard step for??

I have absolutely no idea Mark - If anyone knows, please post it up !!!!

I presumed it was to hold a liferaft or something like that, or prehaps extra fenders ?? We were going to take it off and patch up the holes, but it has become very handy as a handrail sort of thing when getting in and out of the boat, so it stayed !

Well, thanks to Luke’s recommendation the bloke has been to measure up and make templates today so it shouldn’t be long now, we decided to have the exterior teak instead of the interior stuff as that was a bit shiny and slippery, also the guy said it would be difficult to make a really nice job with it as there are so many curves and rounded edges.

Can certainly have an after shot if I can Persuade my cameraman to see to it ;) , I imagine it will be finished before I next visit so no before shot, unless this is any help, same boat's marketing shots. Older model than ours but basically the same layout.

http://www.western-horizon.co.uk/archive_boat.php?boat_id=40#

Antares_9 wrote

Can certainly have an after shot if I can Persuade my cameraman to see to it ;)

No problem with the after shot I shall be most intrigued. Trouble is when SWMBO sees your shiny new Teak I know I am going to get some ear ache about brightening ours :cry

I don't have a before close up I can lay my hands on but a couple attached, funny things that happen on your swim platform. :naughty:

547758531_Nhhoi-L.jpg

547824108_BcBoE-L.jpg

714102209_oZjZM-L.jpg

Is that your cat in the pic Perry ?

Ours is quite unsociable, but keeps getting closer and closer to the boat - Claire wants to put him on there, but I know he will just jump without looking first then 'someone' will have to jump in after him !! :norty:

Is that your cat in the pic Perry ?

Ours is quite unsociable, but keeps getting closer and closer to the boat - Claire wants to put him on there, but I know he will just jump without looking first then 'someone' will have to jump in after him !! :norty:

If he does decide to become a ship's cat Luke, buy yourself a folding quickly deployable Pike or Carp landing net, ideal for cats and small dog recovery and saves you getting wet. :grin: