Yorks And Lincs Agpu

Timbo

We've contemplated it, talked about it on occasion but are we actually going to go ahead and ask permission from the management team and set a date for the Yorks and Lincs Chapter of the NBN  Annual General P U ? I suppose in a way a bit like the Antiques Roadshow...thinking about it... exactly like the Antiques Roadshow, a load of geriatric boaters getting together to bring some of that NBN magic a little closer to home for those whose timing, purses or opportunity don't run to attending the big meets or for those who are gluttons for punishment?

Just an idea, I was wondering what the management thought of the idea? Perhaps towards the back end of the year when it's a bit dark and dank and summer season boating seems such a long way away?

I've been to lots of Yorkshire many times eh by gum. Do I qualify, silly me, of course I do, Pesky Mod roools !:party:

BTW its only G C till you reach Gretna !:naughty:

Seriously, I am but one vote in Team NBN, but sounds one of Timbos better ideas !:party:

cheersIain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

BTW its only G C till you reach Gretna

Yes it is only G.C but actually Ian,  G.C stops short of Gretna, it stops at the top of North Yorkshire way before you get to Gretna, but you are on the right lines of course!

Griff

Ah emmm I am hoping Mrs G being of guid Scottish stock? Agrees wi me. Anyway, we had our honeymoon in Scarboro' fortyone years on Monday. Got my taste for boating there, rowing round Peasholm Park !:naughty:

One thing I will say about Yorkshire, the tractors are bigger than the ones on the A17!:naughty: 

cheersIain

36 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Does God's country go as far south as Donny, Griff? You live and learn even at my age. I actually thought it stopped about Harrogate Wetherby latitudes.

Officially Gods Country is Yorkshire - All of it, no matter what riding

Griff

Yes indeed Yorkshire is God's own county,the divine T'Eeebaagumgutufutofahstairs the little Yorkshire god of exaggerated vowel movements holds his county in high regard. Little known fact here but Yorkshiremen discovered America way before Columbus, taking with them the worship of T'Eeebaagumgutufutofahstairs which was adopted by the Aztec culture illustrated by the naming of their pantheon. T'onatiu,T'laloc,T'ezcatlipoca...I hope you all recognise the pattern developing here.Another little known fact is that in the original Star Wars, Luke Skywalker was a Yorkshireman. Here is the evidence. 

2 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Are yorky expats allowed?

paul

I'm fairly sure that, should we get the thumbs up, everyone will be welcome.

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

I've been to lots of Yorkshire many times eh by gum. Do I qualify, silly me, of course I do, Pesky Mod roools !:party:

BTW its only G C till you reach Gretna !:naughty:

Seriously, I am but one vote in Team NBN, but sounds one of Timbos better ideas !:party:

cheersIain

You mean some of my ideas aren't good? :naughty:

stupid_idea.jpg

• Like 4

Of course many people criticised Michael Caine for the portrayal of a British Officer in the film Zulu.Although it was a difficult role for a cockney to play as the person he was playing was of course a Yorkshireman!