The Lord Nelson

Wussername

Just now, BroadScot said:

Try Decade ! :naughty:

;) I wasn't quite on the broads then :) But they are letting the place slip.. how hard is it to negotiate keeping things.. they seem to work hard to keep members silenced but don't seem to be doing their job that well... 

I do always say there are lots of really good facilities on the broads for our toll money but if they start slipping it's going become questionable.  

• Like 4

For as long as we live in this "Litigation crazy" society, people will refuse to let the general public on their land.  The insurance is horrendous but to not have it would be financial  suicide. Don't blame the BA. It's not their fault. Don't blame the insurance companies, they are businesses not charities.

If you must blame anybody, blame the freeloading scum that try to make a living by claiming for everything they can.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Same person running both pubs I believe. Greene King in the Rising Sun too last time I went in (briefly) :naughty:

You are quite right Howard, something i would expect of you where pubs are concerned :hardhat:

The owners name is Mike, and i met him when moored in Reedham in July. The Nelso has not just had a freshen up, the place has been gutted and fully refitted and brought up to the 21st century re building regs, electical regs etc etc, and it`s been done by the owner and a friend, so they`ve been doing a lot of the work themselves.  It`s also worth mentioning that we had a good conversation with Mike re the Rising Sun at Coltishall, and the poor service we had. Mike is now sole owner and i believe has completely turned the place around with new staff, and a new attitude, and with this in mind, we`ll give it another go when up there.

I wish him all the luck, and may even suggest he put in an offer for the Lion at Thurne.

• Like 2

I believe he also owns a pub in Wells. I think its called The Captains Table? The Rising Sun in Coltishall went briefly to his wife as part of a settlement but she soon lost interest and closed it briefly before he got it back again. The objects adorning the walls tend to give a big clue to his ownership. Old Singer sewing machines, vintage slot machine and old adverts etc.

• Like 2

On 17/08/2016 at 5:43 PM, Poppy said:

I believe he also owns a pub in Wells. I think its called The Captains Table?

That's not a good recomendation, you mean the pub in a harbour town with local fishing fleet that didn't like the fishermen coming in as they smelt a bit of fish? And ended up closed down due to complaints?

Maybe the ship won't suffer after all then.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2016 at 10:50 AM, LeoMagill said:

Not sure how the quote about pubs in Wells became attributed to me .... I have no recollection of such a post . I did, on that day comment on why I won't drink Green King brews, but nothing else. Perhaps the tekky team could investigate....

On 19/08/2016 at 10:53 PM, kfurbank said:

I believe he also owns a pub in Wells. I think its called The Captains Table? The Rising Sun in Coltishall went briefly to his wife as part of a settlement but she soon lost interest and closed it briefly before he got it back again. The objects adorning the walls tend to give a big clue to his ownership. Old Singer sewing machines, vintage slot machine and old adverts etc.

It was not your quote Poppy.

On 17/08/2016 at 5:43 PM, Poppy said:

Why I won't touch Green King brews!

http://www.cambridge-camra.org.uk/ale/325/deceived.html

This you did say.

Hope that clears things up ?

cheersIain

• Like 1

Just poked my head over 'next door'. Interesting pic of the inside of the Lord Nelson. Looks an expensive fit out. 

Very interested in the beer, as expected two 'offerings' from the plant at Bury St Edmunds (sorry Poppy) the ubiquitous Wherry, one I couldn't identify but at least they had the excellent Little Sharpie on. 

I'll look forward to investigating further but will probably be December now :cry 

No Poppy it was not a quote from you, don't know how that happened, it was a quote from Kfurbank that I posted and commented on.

We had a beer in there saturday afternoon and it seemed ok, the beer could hardly be bad as it has only open a few days, I was on guiness as I don't drink that warm dishwater stuff you call real ale, did spot a couple of GK beers but didn't take much notice of the other beard & sandals brews.....cheersbar

• Like 1