Holiday Time !

troutman62

Not long now to a week at Horning , I've got all the family staying in a property on the main river between the New inn and Ferry, with a "lagoon" at the rear. I'm not one to reduce a good days fishing by counting pounds and ounces, BUT ! I must admit I have never caught a Really big Perch or Pike,( or a Rudd or Roach for that matter ha ha). Had some good Carp I'm ashamed to admit but can't be bothered with that nowadays.

My biggest Bream from Norfolk went around 6 and a half pounds, I'm happy with that.

I would love a decent result this year !

Can anyone please advise how the fishing round that area is at present ? How deep is the river round there? Any good baits ?

Any tips or advice would be very welcome !cheers

• Like 2

Haven't fished in Horning for a while so can't help you out but have a smashing time all the same, let us know how you get on with some piccies would be nice :kiss

Grace

p.s I did catch a three pound Perch on the island at Salhouse, not a monster but a cracking fish, I don't have a photo so you will have to take my word for it :naughty:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Grace !

If I get anything decent I'll try to put a photo on the site but never having done it before I ,may need some help, I'm rubbish

with technology. 

(I wish I could land a 3lb Perch !) jealous jealous.....,.

4 days to go and counting, God willing we'll all be sat outside the Ferry on Saturday dinner time having a pint and waiting for the property keys.

Stefan

• Like 1

Not wishing to dwell on old posts but I caught a chinese takeaway from Horning Pleasurecraft basin a few years ago ! I suspect a pair of young lovers had an argument and chucked the bag in.

Just for the record it contained 4 foil containers of water and something awful that could have been a bag of chips !

You just never know..................:shocked

• Like 2

The basin to the right of the Ferry inn, where the boats scour the bed and make it deeper is supposed to hold the larger pike and perch, never fished it myself but have heard the same from several "sources", not sure how busy it would be during the day but a night time session may be useful.

S.

21 hours ago, troutman62 said:

Not wishing to dwell on old posts but I caught a chinese takeaway from Horning Pleasurecraft basin a few years ago ! I suspect a pair of young lovers had an argument and chucked the bag in.

Just for the record it contained 4 foil containers of water and something awful that could have been a bag of chips !

You just never know..................:shocked

Chinese water torture?

Stefan,

Baits seem to have not been mentioned (and you did ask in your OP).

I have done well with either smelt or sardines. Smelt if you need to cast any distance as they are quite tough. Sardines are cheaper than chips. Go to the supermarket fish counter. Buy 20 for about a quid and then wrap them in cling film so they don't stick before you freeze them. Wrap in packs of 10/5 or smaller (depending how many you think you need for a session) so they don't all defrost at once. Double bag them so you don't stink the freezer out. Keep the baits frozen and hook them up when frozen rather than defrosted so the hooks hold.

Sorry if I am preaching to the converted, but just a tip.

Mark, I am not in the habit of telling whoppers thank you very much but I am in the habit of catching them :naughty: I find it amusing how a lot of men find it difficult to accept that a female can catch bigger fish than them, when I am next able to venture out on my favourite lakes at home or the best place on the planet I will be sure to let you know how I get on. I landed a thirteen pound seven ounce carp on very light tackle once, not very big to some but big enough for me (wouldn't want to break a nail or anything), my point is, that is the skill of a good fisherwoman, to land a big fish on light tackle, not that I am knocking anyone's choice but I find that much more thrilling than sitting at a lake for a week with bite alarms and all sorts of technical gadgets under the sun in the hope of catching a carp that weighs a zillion pounds and not get a touch for a week :naughty:

Now my bragging is over, I am about to have a cup of hospital slop, oops I mean coffee lol

Grace :kiss 

• Like 5

In my experience woman always catch more and bigger fish than men. Mrs Wildfuzz was introduced to fishing 4 years ago, she has beaten me every season in both quality and quantity. It must be the pheromones .......

pheromone
ˈfɛrəməʊn/  
noun
Zoology
plural noun: pheromones
  1. a chemical substance produced and released into the environment by an animal, especially a mammal or an insect, affecting the behaviour or physiology of others.

• Like 3

Ah Grace, what about the outrageous exaggeration on the number of pairs of shoes you have and the amount of wine you drink?

Oops, no your right, you don't exaggerate do you:bow:bow

Get out there soon girl and send us some pictures of the hubby being put to shame.

I will always catch more than my good wife as she hates the idea of fishing so at least I can get some peace and quiet and beat her at something now and again.cheers

• Like 1