Richardsons Booking System

Broads01

I had an odd experience trying to make a booking with Richardsons yesterday. I wanted a 5 night break (amazing value because they're the same price as 3 and 4 night breaks) next May, with Broadland Wave as my first choice and Symphony as my second choice. When I checked online both boats were available for the dates I wanted and yet when I phoned to book mysteriously both boats were taken for dates which I know were available online. I didn't query this but I did manage to book online straight after the phone call! I could have had either boat and opted for Broadland Wave, all booked now.

• Like 1

I have had an odd experience with Richardsons as well. Booked via phone and was told I would get both email and snail mail confirmation. Two weeks went by and I had neither. Contacted them and they blamed their "new booking system having introductory glitches"! Evenutually got an email confirmation but still no snail mail. Couple of weeks later I contacted them again. Definitely sent they said. Waited another four weeks, still nothing. Then I contacted them again! We have sent out FOUR separate sets of confirmation by post they insisted! Checked thay had all my address details correctly, yes!

Had enough of asking so I left it. Now its another two months on and still never seen a bit of paper at all. I've a very slight concern that it does say we have to take the "snail mail" version when picking up the boat. Well, they are going to have to make do with a printed email version!

• Like 1

Don't worry about having any paper when you check in, I've never been asked for it. It is nice to have that old fashioned letter in the post though, isn't it.

Funnily enough, I had to phone again today because the email I received after the online booking was partially complete and had no booking reference. I received a correct email afterwards so all sorted.