diesel filler cap

How do,i did a daft thing when down on the boat this weekend,as i was checking my fuel level i inadvertently knocked my filler cap into the drink,doh!

after dragging a landing net around the area for a while i gave up,now does anyone one know where i could find a replacement cap as i dont really want to go to the trouble of fitting a complete new filler

The old one was probably the original one and probably no longer made

any ideas?

cheers

Andy

They have tended to be a pretty standard thing with the same thread over the years Andy, you should have no trouble sourcing one from any chandler On the downside you may well have to buy the complete fitting to get the cap, the new one will have a retaining wire which you can use so it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for that link Perry,unfortunatly mines not a flush fitting type,its a tube rising up from a flange thats fixed to the deck with four bolts and threaded at the top for the cap and looks to be made out of some king of brass or alloy,definatley old though

Andy

Not a common fitting,

perhaps a galvenised pipe fitting end cap / blank should fit, then get it chromed or nickel plated, we would have painted it red to try and avoid mistakes...

I will have a look, I do have a sack of pipefittings, if not i will find out the thread size for you...