Norfolk Broads 1950s Travelogue

AdnamsGirl

I've uploaded another old film to YouTube this week - this is a travelogue made by Peak Film Productions in the 1950s which was transferred from 16mm sound film. Another great time piece with some super footage of the Broads. The motor cruiser seen early on was Merleen which was one of Brooms fleet. The footage of Reedham Ferry being hand cranked across the river is wonderful!

I had hoped to have got the second of Vaughan's films done, but sadly my mother in law passed away last month and i've had no time to do anything other than sort things out there. Once things have settled down I can hopefully get back to working on the website proper but in the meantime I'll try to add the odd little bit where I can.

Carol

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that! Especially the 'tips' and guidance for 'ladies passing yachts'. There you go Gracie...next time just strip down to your underwear and cruise calmly by!:naughty:

They may do that in darkest Lincolnshire, but doubt very much in the posh south where Gracie hails from,Tim. More likely to be a fur coat on and high heels ! :naughty: