Pacific Cruisers

Dan

Agreed Dan, nice site. It is relatively plain and simple and users are easily able to find what they want. No, it's not really glamorous and no you don't have to sit through a 3 min and totally irrelevant flash animation just to get to the site - but it does exactly what is needed.

Another nice one:

http://www.summercraftboats.co.uk/

I love this yard, I always have. My one criticism is the lack of ability to "drill down" on the individual boats. You get the basic blurb from the Hoseason's catalogue and that's it. A few interior shots would make a major amount of difference - something that I see Pacific Cruisers has generally addressed on its site.

Hi Simon

Yes, I have been thinking of hiring from Summercraft for several years but for one reason or another (often availability!) I have never quite got to them.

In truth I preferred their colours about five years ago when they were white with blue & yellow stripes, rather than the newer sky blue side stripes too... but they always look first class and like new.

I had a look at the site. Like you say shame they don't include some internals, as those in the Hoseasons brochure are definately worth showing off. Nice to see they do have a web presence now though. Perhaps they might add in some internal photos and a price list before too long. Also... seeing what they are including for free (1 pet, car parking etc etc) from the Hoseasons brochure 2008 that would definately be worth promoting.

Perhaps any web designers out there should email them - it looks like norfolkbroads.com has knocked together their current pages together for them, but not gone overboard on making it tick all the boxes :)

Dan

May be completely wrong here but on passing by Pacific the other week there was one of the old swancraft 26' sportscruiser styled boats moored outside, would not be suprised to see it in the fleet for next year, I have a liking for this yard and it would be great if they are doing well enough to be expanding the fleet.

Ian

Hello Ian

That is interesting, I will keep an eye on the site over the next few weeks to see.

Swan Radiance has left Swancraft for 2008, so I guess this could be the boat, though one of the 23ft sports Bounty's still with its previous name of Swan Rapier on (from a few years back with Swancraft) was sold through NYA recently believe - so could it perhaps be either?

Personally I don't really like sleeping under decks as I feel a bit trapped, a shame as they are lovely looking boats

Dan