And Now From Norwich... It's Scrumpy Holiday Time

Well it's finally come at last... Yes I'm bursting like a little boy at Christmas time..

Me and her indoors are here in Norwich.. We left sunny ole Somerset this morning and had a good run up 4hrs 12mins 278 miles later we arrived at are stable for the night.. So it's gonna be a nice well deserved sleep tonight.. Then in the morning it's gonna be a Del Boy healthy fry up then her in doors is going to introduce me to some shopping in a supermarket should be an adventure .. stock up on some supplies for the week ahead ... Then it's off to the boat yard to pick up HMS Cheddar.. He he he ..  It's nice to be back up here.....:dance:dance

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Thanks Iain ha ha ... Peanuts and lager Section priority... cheerscheers

Lager???  I only saw cider when in Somerset ! cheersbar Taunton's, Wetherspoons, must be the longest bar in the UK !!! 

Seriously, have a brill holiday, we expect pics and a write up later. I hope the weather is kind to you.:wave

cheersIain

• Like 1

Cheer,s Iain I will do .. Plenty of pics and il try to do a daily blog.. :party:

Well it be Lager Guinness and cider... Must have a mixture and bring some of the local brew with me .. As for having Thatchers cider on my front door I have brought some Thatchers Haze with me.. Highly recommended by me he he he :clap:clap

• Like 2

Day one ... 

Woke up from an awful nights stay at the stable (premier inn broadlands Norwich ) ....  Her in doors sorted out a full refund that's my girl.. 

After the all you wouldn't eat breakfast we left... So her in doors introduced me to Sainsburys and this thing you women do called shopping lol.. After getting the most important supplies lager cider and peanuts..  We managed to finish by filling the trolley with other less important things like fairy liquid and dish clothes.. So we loaded the car up then left and headed to sunny Brundall .. 

12.45pm we arrived at Broom...   At this point I'm buzzing ..  We booked in then around to the boat.. Then the wow wow kicked in ... Priority unloading first beers in fridge sorted ... Then all the other stuff oh and not forgetting her in doors.. After an hour we cast off with a friendly wave off from the fantastic broom staff.. 

Now hard decision which way should we go.. Now for months and weeks you have this moment in your head.. So I knew exactly where we was going yep Langley Dyke .. So headed out of brundall towards Langley.. Well got as far as The 2nd Rockland turning and we had a few other boats in front and the sun had gone and it started to spit with rain.. Not to worry time to try out the double windscreen wipers... Proper ones this year he he... 

Anyway at this point I had a decision to make do we carry on or should we go to our favourite mooring down at Bramerton common.. It was a quick decision so I spun her around and we headed back down... Passing through Brundall giving a toot on the horn as we went pass.. Good planning because in the morning I can stop and fill up with water then are travels can start... As we came around the corner to Bramerton we could see it was nearly full.. Lucky enough there was 2 spaces left and 1 was right next to the electric post.. So the first mooring I've done in 53 weeks and it went in beautifully ha ha ha how modest iam.. Bloody lucky il call it ... So tied up and out come the electric hook up plugged in and there was 80p credit .. Bargin ... On went the tv.. Oh dear no signal no Xfactor Double bargin... Yes .. He he

So that's our first day on the broads.. Just sat here chilling now having a few drinks with her in doors,,, listening to the rain on the roof..  Perfect.. 

• Like 12

Hope you have a great week. Which Broom boat are you out on? We've looked at the Broom Captain a few times on the website but not taken the plunge yet. Langley Dyke was our first night mooring last year but Barmerton is another favourite. Not having gone south this year it will be lovely to hear about all those very familiar places. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SwanR said:

Hope you have a great week. Which Broom boat are you out on? We've looked at the Broom Captain a few times on the website but not taken the plunge yet. Langley Dyke was our first night mooring last year but Barmerton is another favourite. Not having gone south this year it will be lovely to hear about all those very familiar places. :)

Thanks for that... We've got the Broom Commodore it's the 6 berth it's a lovely boat .. It's one of the oldest there running.. I know one thing I wouldn't personally want to share with 6 adults.. It's ideal for 4.. But that's just my opinion.. Even better with just 2 of you .. It's the same size as the broom captain except where the galley is on the broom captain is a bed room on the commodore with bunk beds.. So the galley on the commodore is up in the saloon cock pit area so it's all in reach.. This might not to be to everyone's taste.. I like myself.. Fridge in arms reach .. Also the bedroom with bunk beds we are using as a walking wardrobe cupboard it's brill.. No faults as yet :facepalm:...

• Like 7

when checking for freeview tv, its worth checking with the aerial vertical rather than horizontal, main antennas sent out the signal horizontal, repeaters send it out vertical (I know, we have spent years without TV, and it was only a few weeks back I found out and got a signal.

• Like 2

no my problem was the assumption that when they re-sited the repeater, that a certain large church tower was between our aerial and the transmitter, when the transmitters changed we went from recieving the one channel (BBC2) badly to no signals at all, the transmitter had moved and my rough calculations placed it directly behind the church tower, later investigation shows that it misses the tower by at least 50m to get to our house (well the back anyway)

• Like 2

Day 2 

We left sunny Bramerton and headed to Brundall to refill with water .. As it was nearly lunch time we headed over to Coldham hall for a spot of lunch and a couple pints dodging the sail boats as we moored.. Both of us had the Sunday roast beef.. It was ok and by half 12 we had both polished it down and decided to head of to Langley dyke to stop and have pudding.. Her in doors popped in a apple crumble in the oven .. The lush smell of crumble cooking filled the cabin ... We get to Langley and its full.. Bugger. I want me crumble lol... So we head to cantley moorings and attempt a mooring ... It never ever goes to plan when you want to stop.. Out of the whole moorings was only 3 boats.. Perfect plenty of room.. Hmmmmm then the fun started an incoming tide with port side wind blowing .. Well I tried 3 times then in the 4th this kind chap took the rope off of her indoors .so he pulled us in while trying my end lol... Got there in the end.. So dived into my crumble with lashings of double cream... Sorted.. So then we was back on are way heading to Reedham... The bridge was open so was looking good saved dropping the aerial down.. So onwards down the new cut.. It was very quiet no other boats... Passing the moorings at Herringfleet only one boat there.. So we carried on to somerleyton.. Then the sinking dreaded thought comes into your head will the bridge be open or not ... It was worse 8ft clearance on the gauge and we need 8ft 7 as we are 8ft 6.. Then I look up 2 double red flags .. The moment I've been dreading since July when the double red flags decided to be flying more than ever.. So I decided to radio through and a voice came back saying yes it's broke waiting for an engineer.. I said when is he coming then .. Reply was when he gets here.. That was it game over.. So we moored up at somerleyton.. Her in doors and I decided to move as it was bumpy and windy so we went back down to Herringfleet to sulk and sink a few beers and moan about network rail and there selfishness... I must say what a lovely mooring here... Awful 3G signal but fantastic tv signal so her in doors is happy... So in the morning I'm hoping the water is lower enough to get under as it's going to be a Beecles and Oulton broad day... So fingers crossed... :facepalm:

• Like 9

Hope you manage to get through. That's such a beautiful stretch of the Waveney. And the weather forecast looks good for night somewhere down there. Have you ever tried North Cove? It's one of the moorings before Beccles and a lovely spot if you can get in.