And Now From Norwich... It's Scrumpy Holiday Time

As another day comes to a close here at  Oulton Broad we are going to miss this place.. Looking forward for next visit here.. And explore more of this wonderful place.. I can not get over in the space of 400 meters there's 3 pubs .. Indian restaurant.. Chinese take away.. Fish and chip shop.. Kebab & burger bar.. Tea rooms .. Ice creams cafe.. And a spar shop.. And a water taxi what takes you into Lowestoft and the beach.. I'm really glad we stayed here and I recommend a visit here.. Also just to be on the safe side I would reserve a mooring OBYS then your be guaranteed a slot... That's all from Day 4 folks....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

If you go to 500m then, pub wise, there is the Commodore, Wherry, the oddly named Bar-Canteen, the bar under the Indian called, I think, Broadview, Lady of the Lake (Bitch in the Ditch), The Waveney and The Red Herring. All of 'em very acceptable watering holes. Great place for a pub crawl!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Scrumpy, did you try the water-taxi? Never done it myself but I do rate the route that it takes, fascinating trip with stacks to see, one that I take several times a year and never tire of.

No we didn't try it .. Wish we did now cause another couple we spoke to they went on it and they said it was lovely.... So next time we are here that's top of are list of things to do... It's definitely worth a 2 day stop here again.. Just so much to or just chill and watch the world go by ...

Day 5....

Hello from Beecles.... Well we left OBYS via the pump out station £18 pump out charge... Was speaking to the pump out chap.. And he told us as from he end of September that the pump out will be closed for good.. What is going to be a big shame as the nearest I would say is that awful self service one at the WRC..  So hopefully OBYS or the BA put one in but it's worth anyone knowing after September to come down empty ... 

well we took a slow cruise up to here very busy with a lot of northern boats heading back...  Going for a look about... Was informed that the local Chinese take away deliver to  your boat at Beecles yacht station so that looks like tea sorted.. Good TV signal.. Not very good 3G or 4G for Internet struggling up loading  on here ...

Now here's a top tip scan around for WIFI.. We picked up on 2 lots OBYS had free internet also could watch your BBC ITV players it was wicked quick download speed....  Off to take some pics for you peeps..

image.png

• Like 8

Me and her indoors went for a little walk around the the yacht station.. Didn't go far due to the friendliness and talking to people.. That's good in my opinion he he he ... So I've taken a few pics around here... I've just been told the Chinese is on its way... Good Fortune there called.. The harbour master has menus in his office .. So if you don't fancy cooking you have the take away delivery option.. There's even a pizza place to who deliver aswell... This is a peaceful mooring .. There's a little coffee shop next to the harbour masters office called The Quay.. They do fresh coffee sticky cakes , sausage rolls , pasties, sandwiches, and real jersey whippy ice cream mmmm with a flake .. We polished a couple of them off earlier lol..

• Like 5

We also like the Beccles Yacht Station, electric posts on the Harbour Master Office side and a few water points. 

The mooring can get very wet at times with high tides and paddling may be an option. Leave mooring lines loose to prevent bathing platforms getting caught up on a rescinding tide.

It is a good Norfolk walk up into Beccles, but there are a number of pubs and places to eat. Good shops, butchers, greengrocers, bakers and a well stocked hardware shop etc.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

We also like the Beccles Yacht Station, electric posts on the Harbour Master Office side and a few water points. 

The mooring can get very wet at times with high tides and paddling may be an option. Leave mooring lines loose to prevent bathing platforms getting caught up on a rescinding tide.

It is a good Norfolk walk up into Beccles, but there are a number of pubs and places to eat. Good shops, butchers, greengrocers, bakers and a well stocked hardware shop etc.

Regards

Alan 

Thanks for that Alan .. I've got my flip flops. Ready for the high tide he he he ..

And we've got the the electric hook up ... And half the others in the yacht station seem to be on our post to electric post.. Have a look at this ha ha :facepalm:

image.jpeg

• Like 5

I think Beccles is one of the best places to visit on the broads. Good shopping, restaurants and pubs. My best like for the place is that you walk into town uphill all the way with nothing in your hands. You go shopping, you eat, you have a few beers and then it's downhill all the way back to the boat.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

I think Beccles is one of the best places to visit on the broads. Good shopping, restaurants and pubs. My best like for the place is that you walk into town uphill all the way with nothing in your hands. You go shopping, you eat, you have a few beers and then it's downhill all the way back to the boat.

That sounds a good plan in the morning Eric he he he ... Especially the pub bit lol... :naughty:

• Like 1

Day 6....

Good morning from A very sunny blue sky Beecles... We will be departing shortly as soon as her in doors  finishes emptying the whole 500 ltrs water tank for her shower.. So il be topping it up as I have mine... Lol..  

A very quiet night last night .. So peaceful here.. Another 2 boats turned up later last night and plugged into the electric post it won't be long before it goes bang ha ha ha ... 

Not to sure what the plan is it might be a stop a Reedham for fish and chips ... It's just a go with the flow today... 

As Robin would say... More as it happens :facepalm:

• Like 8

18 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Day 5....

Hello from Beecles.... Well we left OBYS via the pump out station £18 pump out charge... Was speaking to the pump out chap.. And he told us as from he end of September that the pump out will be closed for good.. . 

Having a great time reading all this, thank you!   :clap

Just opposite the Beccles YS is a very good pump out for £12! 

(The yard nearest to the old bridge where Paul & Lorna moor Peters Joy)

• Like 3

On 07/09/2016 at 9:31 AM, JennyMorgan said:

Sure is, perhaps not to everyone's taste but great if you like loud music and the occasional odd customer or headbanger! Had a couple of great evenings there during the summer.

Just don't quite see you as a headbanger JM :shocked :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1