Times Up / Alphacraft Auction

Mondeoman

I saw a post on facebook that Alphacraft boats are now being auctioned off, and bidding started on Friday 2nd.  According to the facebook post, they list 15 cruisers to the value of approximately £250,000. I make that just over £16,000 per boat?.  The question is, thinking of all the work that`s needed, is that a fair price per boat?.

11 minutes ago, Mondeoman said:

I am a bit disappointed as my original title 'TIMES UP' has now been replaced by' Alphacraft auction' is there any way of changing it back?

HI There,

One of the team has merged the two threads, I will have a look see to change it back if possible.

cheersIain

What a joke just been up there to be told sorry it's off. Boat are for sale from st olaves, ring them about the one interested in and it's been sold sometime ago but he will ring the company up to see if they want to sell. My guess is most if not all are already sold to boat hire already. And this was just an exercise. 

Talking to another couple they had come from Taunton. Not happy

12 minutes ago, John said:

What a joke just been up there to be told sorry it's off. Boat are for sale from st olaves, ring them about the one interested in and it's been sold sometime ago but he will ring the company up to see if they want to sell. My guess is most if not all are already sold to boat hire already. And this was just an exercise. 

Talking to another couple they had come from Taunton. Not happy

I have just logged into my account on their website and there is no mention of this being cancelled - seems like a bit of underhand dealing?!:shocked

Buying or searching around for a boat always comes with expenses. As many have tried to point out on here, doing so at auction carries more risk than most. I believe The Berney Arms has been pulled from auction twice now?

Sadly Alphacraft have not invested in their own fleet for some years now, there are no bargains to be had from their fleet, at best some cheap boats with a lot of hard labour needed to get them back into shape.

• Like 4