North Norfolk

RayandCarole

Yesterday was warm with some blue sky on our journey to Birmingham yesterday but sun did not last it turned dull but still warm. Returning to Sheffield in the early evening the sky went black and lighting was seen and heard, by all accounts there was a tornado seen in Sheffield.

Today has been mixed with some sunny spells but managed to get the cars roof down.

Off to Devon tomorrow morning so hoping the good weather continues.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

I feel for you Iain, I have spent most of my lfe working in the tropics without issue but our nicely well insulated retirement bungalow is great in winter but in summer just cannot dissipate the heat that builds up during the day even with the windows open so its sleeping in the nudy with all windows open and fans running

ooooh matron :rolleyes: :naughty:

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chameleon said:

ray, we bought one of these not cheap but worth every penny,got windows shut except the one exhaust is through and we are cold 16deg great

Are you meaning one like this, Mike? https://districtelectricals.co.uk/dyson-am06-bladeless-cool-desk-fan-white-silver-grade-a.html

He told me I would need factor 50, extra strong insect repellent and a skirt. I assumed he meant a kilt?

you can't trust these mods!!!:dance

mind you its chuffing hot down in Narfolk tonight. You don't need to know any more about the attire I might (or might not) have on:facepalm:

It might also be a little further than Kirkaldy. 

It was 31C showing on my Motor scooter parked in the shade at 15:00 yesterday when I left work in Norwich, an half an hour later near the coast in North Norfolk it was showing 25C and there was an On shore breeze.

16C when I left home for work this morning at 06:00 not a cloud in the sky...

• Like 1

its been lovely (not) in our office, at over 30 degrees, only a few miles from the hottest place in the country (gravesend) we have only windows that open and fans, above 27 degrees, you get no cooling effect from a fan, it is then just stirring the warm air. generally our office is a couple of degrees warmer than outside, downstairs where they dont have the windows, they have air conditioning - its lovely. - upstairs under the big tin roof of our industrial unit with a warm breeze through the office stirred by the fans, we are suffering about 33 degrees - it was so bad the other night, that it was cooler in my car in the car park (and that was registering 31 degrees).

Again showing 30 on the motor scooter yesterday at 15:00  in Norwich but down to 27 when I got to the coast of North Norfolk, 4th night in a row of terrible sleep, I feel quite rough this morning. We haven't had the heavy rain forecast for overnight, but it's very overcast this morning. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear some on the roof of the factory soon.