Acle Overnight Moorings

Broads01

On 10/11/2016 at 10:55 AM, JennyMorgan said:

I can agree with most that you have written, Marsh, but how can you honestly say that the site where the WRC pods are is well shielded? It's on, what is for the Broads, a hill (gentle slope) overlooking the river! 

That aside I don't blame the BA for treading cautiously on this one but if it's an implicit 'No' at this stage then I think that that is premature. I also think that there are enough folk on this planet that simply want a razz-matazz free holiday, maybe a short walk to the pub of an evening, a spot of fishing and a river bank to sit on and meditate, for a small glamping site besides the river to be very popular. Visual impact I don't mind, unless its unsightly. 

Call an area a national park, whether it is one or not, in order to attract visitors means that the Broads must be able to cope with the subsequent demands, the Authority can't have it both ways. Me thinks an open minded approach is called for on this one, just as it is for Jenner's Basin at Thorpe. 

Maybe thats the problem jenny , like you just said , waveney is on a gentle hill , whereas the horizon yard is all flat from what i remember & flooded a few times , so would be no good for glamping . Lori

6 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

fantastic speculation on this thread, sorry I have been quiet, I don't log on much. 

we do own the river bank,

there is no slipway to preserve,

the pontoon at Ranworth is old news,

we are not speaking with Len about Acle,

I didn't like Hunsett mill either. 

But are we much wiser as to what really is happening at Acle? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

i should think that with the lack of curtains a blind man would be pleased to see it. 

It would appear that it's 'one way' glass. A good camera with a powerful flash gun should sort that out though :naughty:

• Like 1