5 Days Left

Bob48

ok, so a lot of people get excited about going on holiday , i was just wondering how many members of the NBN get excited about their next trip , i have been climbing the walls since we got home after the week we had in May , we are at  T minus five days , and to say we are excited is possibly the understatement of the year ,

hope to see some of you soon , stay safe cheers

• Like 6

I'm the same as you Bob and am currently here now (at Stracy Arms) having been south for a couple of days.

I also know that other feeling thats ahead and approaching way too fast but hey, theres another few good days ahead yet.

have a good one Bob

by the way it's very busy this week

• Like 3

Like everyone else I'm just the same. And even now with a boat booked for March I keep plotting and planning and trying to see whether there is any way at all that I can get back up to Norfolk before next season. The answer is very probably not but it's still fun to read the forums and browse the boatyard websites for bargains. ;)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Hylander said:

I personally think that the build up to a holiday is as important and exciting as the holiday itself, a bit like Christmas.

We have only got to wait until June so after reading about Broads01 holiday next August then ours doesnt seem so far off after all.

I'm on Tobago 3 (same as Bob) next August but I've got 2 trips before then, being Soprano next month and Broadland Wave 2 in May. I feel lucky to have all that to look forward to, albeit I've had to endure over 12 months since my last visit.

It'll be my second hire of Broadland Wave 2. My first was in October 2014 and I recall being so excited about that one the night before I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I'd planned to leave home at 6-30am but ended up leaving at 5-30 because I didn't want to lay in bed awake any longer!

• Like 1

On 28/09/2016 at 1:41 PM, Broads01 said:

I'm on Tobago 3 (same as Bob) next August but I've got 2 trips before then, being Soprano next month and Broadland Wave 2 in May. I feel lucky to have all that to look forward to, albeit I've had to endure over 12 months since my last visit.

It'll be my second hire of Broadland Wave 2. My first was in October 2014 and I recall being so excited about that one the night before I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I'd planned to leave home at 6-30am but ended up leaving at 5-30 because I didn't want to lay in bed awake any longer!

when in October this year are you on Soprano ?

Hello Bob,

I'm on Judith 3 from Martham on Monday for a few days. What boat are you on so that I can keep a look out ?

I have to say that I usually spend most of my time lurking on the East side of PH bridge but I will venture out at some point !

Weather looking pretty good at the moment.

I get unbelievably excited too; my wife less so. She hasn't been for decades having found the "holiday" there which she spent huddled in the front cabin reading a Jane Austen novel somewhat trying.......

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 1

On 30/09/2016 at 9:12 AM, charlesa said:

Hello Bob,

I'm on Judith 3 from Martham on Monday for a few days. What boat are you on so that I can keep a look out ?

I have to say that I usually spend most of my time lurking on the East side of PH bridge but I will venture out at some point !

Weather looking pretty good at the moment.

I get unbelievably excited too; my wife less so. She hasn't been for decades having found the "holiday" there which she spent huddled in the front cabin reading a Jane Austen novel somewhat trying.......

Best wishes

Charles

Hello Charles , we are on Tobago 3 , members poster portside front window , we are heading to Salhouse on Monday then Coltishall  so all being well we should be somewhere between Wroxham and  ludham Bridge on Wednesday,  my wife and i are both climbing the walls the count-down has gone from Months to weeks to now hours , , we Saw Judith 3 in May last year , fabulous vessel , i'll kkep an eye open for you , stay safe . cheers

Bob, change of vessel, I have managed to switch to Juliette 2 my favourite Broads boat of all !

I'll look out for you.Just about to start packing. I'm just wondering whether to take Martha my Irish wolfhound. She didn't like it at all last time, she was too hot, so I had to do a quick turnaround and a 360 mile round trip.

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 1

Hello Spider, sorry for delay, no Wi-Fi but currently in the Dog Inn at 15.30 which could be an error of judgement !

Yesterday was fantastic around Hickling and Horsey. Moored at Horsey and was the only boat . Derek waiting at the Staithe. I do like him, poor fellow rather lonely I feel since he lost his wife.

Several marsh harriers along Meadow Dyke and more herons ( at least 12 within first 24 hours) than I have seen in years.

Today took momentous decision to come through bridge. Completely different; crawling with boats !

6ft height under bridge. Moored for breakfast just as you turn in on right towards Womack. Stayed for an hour but bathtub with engine on constantly drove me away .

Really odd, it was a beautiful mornings NFL Bur I was the only person with the roof off/ down. Made for the Ant and was hoping to moor at Irstead with my favourite church. I think that this will now be a rare occurrence as there is an electric point there and there was a large private boat there for several hours on my way past and back. Shame, I love it there.

Went on to Neatishead where there was plenty of room. Quick lunch and walked into village. One of my favourite Broads villages. Used to enjoy the Old Saddlery there with its v pretty female owner !!

Back across Barton and, as mentioned earlier, moored at Ludham Bridge.

The good news is that in the time it has taken me to type this I have consumed just one inch of San Miguel , happy days !

Bob hope you are having a lovely time and apologies for any typing errors.

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 1

It's daft isn't it how much we all look forward to our trips?! We are lucky enough to have our own boat now and we spend many weeks each year on it but I still get a buzz from the anticipation and planning. She goes onto hard- standing for the winter months and I find I get withdrawal symptoms, like you all do, during those cold dreary months. It's a good thing Christmas brightens up that time. I often think it would be nice to spend the festive period afloat but I don't think my bones and joints would stand it these days! 

• Like 1

I still count down the days, only nowadays not so keenly, only because I am afloat more often.   What I do not miss one iota since we recommissioned 'B.A' as it finally left me for good was the dreaded feeling of having to take the boat back to the yard thinking, 'Well that's it for another yea'.  No amount of money could get rid of that feeling.  I'm so chuffed we got that out of the way,

Now I just smile, say Tarra to 'B.A' and head off home knowing it will only be a matter of weeks until I'm afloat once more, that feeling is priceless.  As for planning, well, our annual Lads week does take some planning, not a huge amount nowadays as we are well versed with it along with our crews, we have got just two newbies coming with us this year and with them having so many seasoned boaters around them, they can't fail to fit it easily. Next year we have admitted 'defeat' and will be hiring 3 x Jewels instead of the two as yet again we are oversubscribed. That'll mean 24 of us. That will be us maxxed out as H.W's only have three Jewels.  I'm skippering a Jewel this year as is Howard, the Rascal is i/c 'B.A'

Countdown:-  3 x sleeps to go, then we all crew up Friday for 8 x glorious days afloat.  No wives, girlfriends, offspring etc.  This is the big one, this is the main event cheersbar

Griff

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Countdown:-  3 x sleeps to go, then we all crew up Friday for 8 x glorious days afloat.  No wives, girlfriends, offspring etc.  This is the big one, this is the main event cheersbar

I do hope the local pubs have bought in extra supplies of booze !:naughty: As for the locals maybe best to wear one of these :hardhat: when the crews are at the dartboard !!!:facepalm:

cheersIain

• Like 1