5 Days Left

Bob48

Hello all,

I have seen lots of referençes to the annual lads outing, do pardon my ignorance but what is it exactly, i get tĥe impression it is a long standing event though.

Thanks

Trev

PS  meant to say have a great one griff, be a walk in the park after the lusty reunion.

9 minutes ago, tjg1677 said:

Hello all,

I have seen lots of referençes to the annual lads outing, do pardon my ignorance but what is it exactly, i get tĥe impression it is a long standing event though.

Thanks

Trev

PS  meant to say have a great one griff, be a walk in the park after the lusty reunion.

Hi Trev,

I do believe that Griff has organised that event since his boyhood days in the pram ! I could be wide of the mark though! :facepalm:

cheersIain

Morning Trev,

The origins of the annual 'Lads Week' can be traced back to the mid fifties when Mum/Dad first started going on the Broads, only then it was referred to as a multi family week year in year out. Then come the early 70's 'The Lads Week' commenced and is still continuing today.  Traditionally for us it is every October.  It can vary from one small craft to as big as you like.  This year there are 2 x Jewels and 'B.A', which is 18 x crew.  Next year there will be 3 x Jewels and 'B.A' = 24 x crew.   We normally crew up on a Friday through to the following Saturday.  The entrance 'Rules' are simple.  You must be male aged over 18 and be self sufficient / able bodied.  No wives / girlfriends / offspring.  No puftas (Ok - we ditched the no pufta rule an age ago now).  Dogs however are allowed.  The only females allowed onboard are 'Lap Dancers' - Sadly in all our years of 'The Annual Lads Week' we have failed most miserably to tempt such creatures within a mile of us! (Can't think why)  each year the lads week ventures South for three days or so alternating between the Yare and Waveney.  This year it will be the Waveney.  We have a dining out night the last night afloat which is themed, this year - Blues Brothers.(Robin is going as the tall skinny one)

Griff

• Like 6

Afternoon Griff,

Thanks for the enlightenment - Thats brilliant - a fine tradition in the finest of seafaring traditions. I hope that you have a terrific week and the weather holds out for you all. Keep a good look out on the horizon for errant lapdancers and prepare to repel brown hatters off the stern..........ooops sorry not PC there !!

I reckon that Robin will make a good Elwood Blues - he has those dark swarthy looks but can he dine on just dry toast ??

bon voyage

Trev.