More Bad News

RayandCarole

We are at ASDA now and the car park has several police, forensic services, coast guard vehicles. The TV crews have just arrived too.

i tried to take Toby for his walk but was stopped at the bird hide.

Spirt of Breydon was of course not there!!!

Our thought are with the friend and families involved.

John.

Re the TV crews, the public appetite for tragedy is not a nice trait. 

Re the SOB, she was moored up on Friday morning when I went past, she was also moored up on Sunday afternoon when I went past so perhaps she's broken down, again. In any case I doubt that she'd be much use for retrieving bodies from the mud so I wouldn't read anything sinister into her absence. 

Like you, John, my thoughts are with the families and friends, and the folk with the unpleasant job of retrieving the bodies.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Like you, John, my thoughts are with the families and friends, and the folk with the unpleasant job of retrieving the bodies.

I share this sentiment. The guys in blue overalls are all coastguard volunteers; plumbers, receptionists, builders, car salesmen... it's not their day job and incidents like this stay with you. 

• Like 6