Night Owls Nook

Timbo

2 minutes ago, tjg1677 said:

Madness, sheer madness - i love it! Do you do cabaret tim and can we book you for the spring meet?

:clap:clap

Sorry Trev, but i'm his agent!:party: However, six case of Yorkshires finest Black Sheep may secure a booking ! :naughty: Failing that six case of Batemans 4X

cheersHis Agent.

cheersIain

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Sorry Trev, but i'm his agent!:party: However, six case of Yorkshires finest Black Sheep may secure a booking ! :naughty: Failing that six case of Batemans 4X

cheersHis Agent.

cheersIain

OK then, counter offer- 2 cases, 1 homing pelican, a part used tube of bostick and all the fish you can eat...............................

• Like 3

Don't forget the Night Owls Road Show calling into a mooring near you next season!

Have guitar will travel! I often get requests to sing Over The Hills and Far Away for some reason! The best entertainment I ever saw on the Broads was that night time cruise liner with the disco going on to South Walsham Broad. There was a disco going on and they wished Aunty Agnes Happy 85th Birthday and then played Prodigy Crazy Fire Starter. The old girl was waltzing.

3 minutes ago, donnygeoff said:

I blame it on his junior school teachers.........

say no more....

:naughty:

Was it Mrs Hind that did the recorder group? I've still got all my recorders in the cupboard Geoff!

17 minutes ago, tjg1677 said:

OK then, counter offer- 2 cases, 1 homing pelican, a part used tube of bostick and all the fish you can eat...............................

After eating that lot Trev.....he will require a new cludgie pdq ! To pay for hIs BUPA hospital bills, my commission has just increased ! 

cheersIain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

This radio station, is one of the old pirate ones, rejigged after Tim and his trowel searchers gave it the once over!

cheersIain

The trouble with these new radio stations is that 'twiddling the knob on an old tranny' means something totally different today!

Don't touch that Dial!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Was it Mrs Hind that did the recorder group? I've still got all my recorders in the cupboard Geoff!

yes.......

Your memory is better than mine...I need prompting to remember names...

I mentioned the other post to my lad, and told him that you knew pete and nigel, he said that I should know all about my school days, then disappeared to his room to bring me ALL of my school reports....

He had forgot to tell me, my mum, (his nan) had given them to him to give to me a few weeks ago...

He called me a geek... (the little (^&*&^)

cheersbar

• Like 1

I have my report in a drawer somewhere...under achiever according to Ernie Bishop. Oddly my memory can play some weird tricks, I can remember even conversations from schooldays but ask me what was said this morning...no chance.

Some other names I remember... Michelle Savage, Adrian Jeeves, Gaumont, Sadu and Jasbir Singh, Andrew Milner the twins Sarah and Rachel Line, Gary Coulson, Michael Wilde. I remember more names from Balby Juniors than I do from University...and I've worked with those guys most of my adult life.

• Like 1

well good morning one and all, I have a complaint for felicity, the mail order bride I ordered arrived with no problem, however due to the size and despite being covered almost completely with stamps, the post office charged me a fortune in excesspostage. and another thing , did you have to stick the stamps on with copydex? this has caused two problems, one is that certain parts are still unacessible, due to the persistance of the glue, and secondly, it has left a distinct fishy taste, which has rather spoilt my fun as i am allergic to fish.

Could you ask felicity what she intends to do about this. I have regularly been sending complaints by homing parrot, but it seems that she doesnt listen to her voice mail. I did try sending via snail mail, over 3 months ago, but the tracker shows that it has only travelled to the end of the street so far.

• Like 2

like I said, I need my memory jogging....

not going to say about the girls names, don't forget I was a year older.......

sing a song brothers, Michael Wilde, had a brother called John, lived up the street. their parents were older parents,

Savage had older brothers, can't think of their names...

thinking about names. and I did say I wouldn't mention the girls,,,,,

but

Shirley Flowit (or something like that) tall girl, Sharon turner, had the shop on Florence Ave...

My year

Dave Stewart, Ross Elliss, Kay something, the Smethurst twins, Shirley and Sharon...

my thing was not school, I just did time there...

I only played out with the kids near me, because most of my time was spent at the Dojo...

JUDO...

represented Donny in team and individual...

South Yorkshire champ....

Yorkshire and Humberside champ....

North of England champ....

Mersey side champ...

Manchester champ....

All England U16 Championship ( got cheated out of Bronze medal), but got asked to train for the junior Olympics...

Did a weeks training with Brian Jacks (the bloke who did the push ups on the parallel bars on telly)

Met a girl and said no thanks, I can't come training any more... Women...

cheers

• Like 2

Grendel can I suggest you use one of these next time you snail mail felicity. You might have to zoom in a bit  

image.jpegthey also taste nice with a spot of garlic and can feed a family of 4!

i have no idea why I getting involved in this post other than its hilarity and the fact I'm still weaning myself round from a different time zone. 

I am learning so much from this radio programme. 

• Like 2

Binatone pocket radios with FREE PP3 battery will be on sale soon, but only by male order. Ebay and Amazon have not been invented yet! :norty: Put them on a radiator and the sound and signal strength improves by 50%!

Failing that, plunk the earpierce into said ear and listen under the duvet. Songs tonight include you canny shuv yer granny affa bus, it has jumped five bus stops since last week ! 

Untill toight,owl be seeing you later.

cheersIain

Just one or two follow ups from last night's show:

Radio NBN avows no business connections with Miss Baumflaugh. However NBN members who have purchased mail order brides and think they are faulty should be aware that 'the odd loose screw is normal' and there is no such thing as an 'economy model'.

Join us for tonight's show where we'll have guests  including Wee Jock McFierce former Queen of the South left back who will be here to talk about Hornby Toy Trains and special guest Deluda Pigskwint president of the Broads Authority Chief Executive Appreciation Society. We'll have music from Val Doonican, Megadeth and the Dilham Comb and Paper Trio!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Timbo said:

Join us for tonight's show where we'll have guests  including Wee Jock McFierce former Queen of the South left back who will be here to talk

Hawd oan he's the nutter that worked at Brocks Fireworks, Sanquhar,  DOONHAMMER  training ground, been known to go wi a bit of a bang ! Anyway Wee Jock couldny tackle a fish supper:norty: never mind a richt winger !!! As fur model railways he blew up the new transformers !:facepalm:

cheersIain

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

Sanquhar now theres a name from the dark depths of my memory.... I seem to remember being taken on a tour of a radar station or something somwhere near there when I was a kid at BB camp

I'll get back to you on that one Dave, this is the main history I know of...... http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/FireworkFactorySanquhar

cheersIain

You are imagining you are listening to NBN late night radio NIGHT OWLS CORNER with your host this evening Simon Sloth!

I have to admit I lived in Scotland as a 'bairn'. Inverkeithing! We'd moved there straight from Singers...ye gods it was cold, moved in with my great grandmother Bammy Healy until RN digs were available! 

We have a packed programme for you this evening. Guests include the former Queen of the South defender Wee Jock McFierce who's been restoring a model train set so I've been brushing up on my N gauge and 00 gauge...that's toy trains not shot guns you loonies...only joking.

Incidentally I have a 00 gauge Hornby Flying Scotsman train and tender if anyone is interested. I also have a Mamod Traction engine and Mamod Steam Lorry in need of tender care!

We also have Deluda Pigskwint the President of the Broads Authority Chief Executive Appreciation Society who will be here to tell us about the societies programme of community plays to promote a better understanding of the BA CEO and recruit more members...Slim Pickens, sorry I meant Whitman...music tonight by Slim Whitman, Val Doonican and the Dilham Paper and Comb Trio. So get ready with those questions for our guests...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

Sanquhar now theres a name from the dark depths of my memory.... I seem to remember being taken on a tour of a radar station or something somwhere near there when I was a kid at BB camp

Think this is where you went, Dave,    http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/LowtherHill

cheersIain

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Wee Jock McFierce who's been restoring a model train set so I've been brushing up on my N gauge and 00 gauge...that's toy trains

Awe Tim, you own SMA gold cap baby trains !:naughty: N guage !!!

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

Impressive Iain ...but...Yorkshire is well known for balls too! Slightly bigger than the Scottish ones!:shocked:naughty:

98EEDACF_DEA3_0ABB_4AF9D7034C1B3316.jpg

You are way out of date Tim,they are pyramids now ! Their "balls" were taken down! Ouch!:naughty:

Uncle Albert used to insist we go to Fylingdales every time we went up to Whitby, for the life of me I could never work out why! 

I remember, I remember, Arrrrghyooowoooooooo wooooo! Ah yes...Slim Whitman there!

That wisnae slim whitman ah juist sat oan mah baws!

We are joined this evening by former Queen of the South defender Wee Jock McFierce.

Och juist ca' me Shuggy! Ony mair o' that free cratur ye promised? Ah cuid be at th' howf ye ken.

• Like 1