Night Owls Nook

Timbo

8 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Uncle Albert used to insist we go to Fylingdales every time we went up to Whitby, for the life of me I could never work out why! 

Ah the finest fish n chips in the area Whitby is! I can only eat whiting awfy tasty there.:)

cheersIain

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

I notice they give the address of the place as well as one to write to to get into it...that's making it a bit easy for the terrorists isn't it?

Good point ! I have a mate who was highly involved in all air traffic in the UK. Must chin him on that one some day.

Perhaps the "Admiral" may know why?

cheersIain

So Mr Shuggy you retired from the beautiful game and now spend your time restoring vintage model trains?

Whit? Wha tellt ye that keech? Whit ah said wis ah retired, fell in wi' an ex model 'n' a'm noo pissed 'n' broke!

Our next guest Deluda Pigskwint up right after this from Val Doonican...

• Like 2

Can't remember the antique shop but the chip shop has non matching plates cups, saucers etc. 
We would go regularly up to Kettleness. Supposedly where Dracula swam ashore in the form of a dog. All that's there now is aa disused railway station whcih is a cub scout holiday center, a farm and a cow shed which doubles up as a pub. Our scout troop would use the holiday center in the winter when it was too cold for the cubs. They get some snow!

...but all they got was five pence out of Paddy McGinty's goat!

Welcome Deluda, and I see you've brought your husband with you.
Yes we are both great admirers of the Chief executive of the Broads Authority.
Yow speak for yourself oi think thur man's a complete …

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Can't remember the antique shop but the chip shop has non matching plates cups, saucers etc. 
We would go regularly up to Kettleness. Supposedly where Dracula swam ashore in the form of a dog. All that's there now is aa disused railway station whcih is a cub scout holiday center, a farm and a cow shed which doubles up as a pub. Our scout troop would use the holiday center in the winter when it was too cold for the cubs. They get some snow!

Sounds like the updated Blue Dolphin holiday centre near where the sunday market is. Yep nearly stuck on the Moors a few times. They have model sheep and a farmeron the roundabout heading in to Filey.

The only pub I have frequented there is the Three Tuns.

The pub at Kettleness I had a ghostly experience! I was in the corner leaning on the bar. I'd order a pint, take a sip, spin round and my pint had vanished. Glass was still there, drink gone...covered in 'ectoplasm' best way to describe it. Three times it happened before I realised there was a friesian cow poking it's head through the serving hatch, sticking it's tongue in my glass and drinking my beer.

Rolled it's tongue up like a drinking straw! I nearly filled me drawers when I grabbed the tongue at the same time as my glass!

• Like 2

Ahem so you are travelling around the county putting on plays...
...yes to show how great the man is and to give the whole county access to him. We've prepared a short excerpt, would you like to hear it now? Come along Robert places...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

Imagine if you will a wooded nature reserve devoid of boats and wildlife I play a young maiden
He'd need a soigh' f bloody imagination!
Robert plays a vagabond, start when you will Robert.

They wont be dancing to "Sailing" then? We can do that up here in, Loch Lomond, National Park...an offeeshall wan !:hardhat:

Well it's an early night for me tonight as I have chauffeur Ellie to Sheffield in the morning while she advises a new department store on perfume...typical I bet she gets taken out to lunch while I sit in the car with a Marx & Sparx egg sarnie!

Thanks for the company Iain.

And now the Dilham Comb and Paper Trio with a Megadeath Medley...until tomorrow night this was Night Owls Corner an NBN Radio production, all characters in this production are fictitious, all under 18's must be accompanied by an adult, terms and conditions apply!

• Like 4