Night Owls Nook

Timbo

You are imagining you are listening to NBN late night radio NIGHT OWLS CORNER with your host this evening Simon Sloth!

Tonight on NBN NOC...A Special Programme. Startling Wildlife on the Broads! We talk exclusively to the Broads Authority's Ranger Littleton. Tonight's music comes from Joseph Locke, The Festering Saws and the Billockby Bontempi Electric Reed Organ Society.

• Like 1

Good-bye, good-bye I wish you all a last good-bye!

That of course was Joseph Locke with Goodbye from the White Horse Inn...but it's not horses we are here to talk about tonight is it as I welcome Ranger Littleton of a new wildlife unit created after today's amazing discovery.
Humph!
Excuse me?
Humph, please call me Humph!
Ranger...Humphrey Littleton?
That's right mate.
So er...Humph tell us how you made this discovery?

• Like 1

Well yer see it was like this mate. There I was sitting in me dingie in the reeds just off Fleet Dyke and I 'ears it.
Hears what?
Well first I smelt it...but then I 'ears it. Bloomin awful it was...smelt worse than an old man's privvy carpet it did. And then I 'eard it, started like a little mozzy and ended like a big raspberry.
What was it.
fartin Camel wanit!

• Like 2

You mean to say a camel broke wind in the reeds beside your boat and you could smell it and hear it but you couldn't see it?
Ah well you see it's a rare species. Some bugger's been shipping 'em into the Broads from Riyadh.

But surely you could see it?

Nah mate it was camelflaged!

Back with Ranger Humph Littleton of the Broads Authority's Camel Protection Unit after some music.

• Like 4

Welcome back...that was the Festering Saws with a track from their new album 'This Might Sting a Bit'!

Joining us on this special programme tonight is Ranger Humph Littleton of the Broads Authority's Camel Protection Unit.

So you smelled it, you heard it, but you didn't see it. So how do you know it was a camel? How many humps has it got?

Cor blimey mate yew don't wanna 'ang about if one of these little buggers as got the hump. Man eaters they are!
Man eaters?

Oh yes mate! Native to Riyadh is your man eating farting camel.

• Like 2

So how are they getting here?
Oh that's easy mate some bugger's smuggling 'em in a suitcase. Fly in from a hotel in Riyadh looking like Lawrence of Arabia, all windswept and interesting, suitcase full of your farting camels, hires a boat and releases 'em into the wild.

• Like 3

But they are man eating you say?
Oh yeah..drops it's guts, bakes the old air biscuit to make room it does.
But what about the public? How should they protect themselves?

Ah well sir the Broads Authority have plans, sir!
I thought they might have!

More from Joseph Locke now and the Sheik of Araby.

4 minutes ago, Timbo said:

So how are they getting here?
Oh that's easy mate some bugger's smuggling 'em in a suitcase. Fly in from a hotel in Riyadh looking like Lawrence of Arabia, all windswept and interesting, suitcase full of your farting camels, hires a boat and releases 'em into the wild.

Eric, did that, Eric Morecombe after he had dun a show oot there ye ken. 

• Like 1

Welcome back I'm here with Ranger Humph Littleton of the Broads Authority's Camel Protection Unit and we are discussing what measures the Broads Authority will be taking to protect the public from the recently discovered Man Eating farting Camels.

• Like 1