Another Brilliant Broads Holiday

deebee29

Great tale and photos, thank you. I'm with you about seeing boats you've hired - there's a thread in this section I started called 'Seeing Boats You've Hired'. I like your Kingfisher Quay spot - that's something I might try, especially if the side-on moorings on the left as you enter the boatyard are taken.

Swan Rapide for 2 weeks - it's a long time since I had 2 weeks boating and I'm envious. Good choice of boat I feel and priced lower than it should be.

• Like 1

Hi Simon

thanks for the kind comments 

It was a great mooring, didn't feel like we were in a boatyard at all.

I think the last time we had 2 weeks would have been the early 90s.

yes I've seen your thread about boats you've hired..... I probably contributed..... Will re check

cheersbar

• Like 1

Brilliant write up Dave, very entertaining and superb pictures. So pleased you had a good week and you have booked swan rapide again - they are allright boats really. May your next trip come around quickly. Well impressed with the fuel economy too, I hope mine is that good.

bye for now

trev.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, deebee29 said:

we also like to vary our starting point as it gives a totally different holiday each time but of course that's becoming more & more difficult.

That is something that we have done as well. If we always hired out of Wroxham then our first and last nights would tend to be the same and we wouldn't enjoy just cruising that stretch of river as a destination rather than getting to and from the boatyard.

We enjoyed hiring from Ferry Marina partly because of where they are - it gives you a lot of choice of where to go as soon as you pick the boat up.

Really enjoyed reading all about your holiday and seeing all your photos. And taking your mum as well. Roll on the next time. :)

• Like 1

Thanks all for the great comments.

I enjoy writing up the holiday as it seems to prolong it a bit and stop the post holiday blues kicking in.

now the countdown starts till April 

Now I better go and buy a sofa....I know time is running out :hiding:

• Like 3

Brilliant read and pictures as always. Have you got some go pro footage to come too David? 

I've not been on one of these. I did think of hiring one some years back as the sitting room looks good. If the steering wheel is low.. there is nothing nicer than steering with your feet I do alot! My parents boat and the broom are both where you can! It puts you in such a relaxing position though!

You are right about seeing boats you've hired. We only hired about 5 boats and they have a strong place in my heart. I would easily have brought the first boat we hired "silver melody". We had loads of good times on alpha firefly and my parents brought her sister. But God help anyone if I see them damage any boat we hired... I'll probably kill them! ;). It's worse seeing old boats you owned too they are like family! ;)

Looking forward to next year's post.. don't worry about disk space too.. There's acres of the stuff! The.more the better cheers 

• Like 4

Hi Alan

thanks for your comments.

I've got loads of gopro footage but will have to edit it down 

I plan do do something with photos & video but I'm no good at narration but it's not something I can do overnight.

I should have some good saily stuff from this time that should work

a job for the winter I think.

the upper wheel's not that bad on the boat. If you grip the wheel & steer 2 handed like a car it could get a bit cramped but no way as cramped as those Brinks Jazz type boats. But that inner space suited us down to the ground.

I found I could sit sideways and steer one handed for most of the time quite comfortably for cruising, the boat handled very well.

I'm really possesive of boats we've had, I even checked out Cherry Willow last year when I saw it in Brundall which we had as second hirer in about 1986 and is in private ownership now but I had to make sure she is being looked after ........ It looked as good as new.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...