4.5kg Gas Bottle Shortage

ranworthbreeze

There is a current shortage of 4.5KG gas bottles from Calor, very little stocks, Broom's currently have no stock although there were some at the Brundall DIY.

It might be if you do use this size of gas bottle that you may have to shop around to get any. 

Can anyone knowing of current stocks please list on this topic. Please state locations and Northern or Southern rivers.

Regards

Alan

Following the gas bottle amnesty during the month of September, £7.50 was paid for any old bottles. We returned 3, including 2 red 3.9 kg propane bottles. So that helps the shortage of the small propane lol. 

The 3.9 propane and the 4.5 kg butane bottles are the same bottle, different valves and a different coat of paint lol.

We still have 2   3.9 kg propane on the boat. 1 is empty though.

Richard 

I suspect many people think that their unused bottle can stay in the shed when they were charged £40 odd to get it initially and calor want it back for free (although they are admittedly currently offering £7.50 a bottle or 1/6th of what they charged you to lend it to you in the first place!

Mine will be staying in the shed.

• Like 3

We got caught years ago - lost the original receipt for the bottle purchase and places either refused to take the empties (we didn't need a refill) or wanted to charge you for the pleasure!!!

Unfortunately we have to use the small blue Camping Gaz bottles as the larger Calor ones don't fit my gas hold. Mind you a bottle lasts us a few years!! mainly due to this cheers Doesn't need to be warmed up.

I have mostly changed all my small butane bottles either for bigger propane bottles or the same size, as the propane doesnt freeze and stop working when the temperature drops. but I have always found them happy to swap for different size / gas bottles when changing.

I am a calor stockist and have been told that a large number of 4.5 KG butane bottles have been

withdrawn for over-hall and retesting. This was started a couple of months ago.

What a great time of year to do that when winter would have been far better.