The Broads Is A Green Holiday Destination! Honestly!

JennyMorgan

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

And when that stops, The Norfolk Broads will be finished for everybody except the RSPB.

Agreed but I find it both cynical and objectionable when businesses take a ride on the 'save a tree' hand cart, projecting themselves as saviours of the planet when it reality their sole motive is the bottom line, and I don't mean the waterline!. 

I dont think I disagree with a lot of what has been said - but one thing you have failed to mention is that you have not considered it from the customers point of view! Of course its about making money in part and getting an award is certainly not as easy as Robin would suggest, ( methinks he has not delved far enough into the process! ) but customers do actually look for such an award!

It may not make any difference to cynical old gits like you or me, but for example have two identical properties side by side one with a Green Award and one without, and I think I can probably guarantee which one would get most bookings!! Like it or not it has built up quite a "brand" name and if it helps your bookings, I know I would embrace it if I could! Does it really mean anything in reality? No I don't think it does but convince the punters of that!

And Robin, it is a very thorough examination to get these awards - it is not just a question of paying up!! And having got say a Bronze one , it is quite difficult to move up to the next one! But does it make a real difference?

Marginal but some punters appear to appreciate that you are trying to do your bit - but I think you are right to remain a tad cynical overall!!!!!!!

JM. 

Ill take you on about the Spirt of Breydon, it is very green.

It rarely goes out on the water,  it can't do the jobs it is tasked with so doesn't go out, when they try to use it it breaks and finally it is in for regular servicing so can't be out on the water. All this adds up to a green machine as it doesn't use much fuel!!! Or could it be a white elephant !!!

Now where's the 'tounge in cheek' emoticon lol.

John.

• Like 5

Oh, did see SOB out on the water once this year.......

When we moved our home moorings in April to the Southside Spirt of Breydon came out to welcome us. Well I take it that's why it was out as there were very few other boats on Breydon. Though as you can see in the photo it was pretty rough so they may have thought I was in need of assistance lol.IMG_0043.JPG

Not a green day, fair bit of fossil fuel going there.

Again this is tongue in cheek lol.

John.

• Like 1