BSS Certificate..

I know this discussion started on one of my other threads, but so as to clean it up a little, I have started this thread..

As mentioned last week, I had booked Ian Jenkins as advertised on one of the posts. I couldn't work out from the posts which was the one to go for so I plumped for Ian.

We had a couple of exchange emails and arranged for the inspection for this morning. Ian arrived exactly on time and one of the few people who haven't rung for directions as to how to get to our house. (The postcode covers many houses, and we don't have a door number so it is a little difficult !)

Anyway, Ian had a check over the boat and all was fine with the exception of a missing fire blanket (the last thing you'd use in a fire) but the rules say you must have one, and luckily Ian had one in the boot of his vehicle.

So, all passed for another four years and I can recommend Ian. He is thorough, but doesn't wear "that cap of authority that has to find a problem" and I was very pleased. He was pleasant, informative and a pleasure to have on the boat.

The bill came to £98 as we have two engines, no gas, plus a further £20 for the fire blanket.

His web site, if anyone is interested is http://boatsafety-examiner.co.uk/default.aspx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used Ian recently and had to pay someone to come fit a bubble tester near to the gas bottle, When the chap arrived he then advised me i already had one so i had to get Ian back to pass her and he was quite funny when he couldn't work out how he missed it the first time. I did need 2 fire extinguishers tho and he was as cheap as anywhere i could find so that was quite handy. I would use Ian again