Birchwood Boats

Hi Simon,

I found this via a search "The colour is Rust-Oleum Regal Red." Apparently available from Home Depot in the USA.

See posting http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?218025-Paint-Red

I found someone selling it on Amazon UK but currently unavailable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rustoleum-Regal-Protective-Enamel-Paint/dp/B000C013PO.

Home Depot may ship to the UK

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Professional-1-gal-Regal-Red-Gloss-Protective-Enamel-Case-of-2-215965/204777801

Hope this helps

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your comprehensive response. A video would be fantastic. 

I'm really impressed with the work you have been doing on your 33, thanks for sharing.

My 33 GT has been re-engined by the previous owner about 5 years ago with two new 80 Hp TD Marine units from Marine Power solutions along with two new stainless fuel tanks which is nice. They seem nice and simple to work on and compatible with other manufacturers parts (just fitted a Jabsco raw water pump in place of the original on one). They are slightly higher than the originals though, which resulted in a raised floor over the highest part of the engine. I have seen similar on the Lehman engines retrofitted with turbochargers to increase Hp to 140.

Regards

P

• 6 months later...

Hi all! Long time since I added any comments on this thread.  Suffice to say I have been very busy with business side of things so unfortunately havent been on the boat for a long time.  I popped on board last week to discover one of the fuel tanks had leaked and lost all the diesel to the bilges.  So on top of everything else I am now about to remove and have two new fuel tanks made!  Port side tank is disconnected and moves so will be out next week to go to the fabricators to make a replacement.  Will add some more info on that when I get there! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this very informative thread.

We have purchased a Birchwood 25 Interceptor this past summer and are having some issues. Would be great if anyone could tell me more about the hull structure, especially if there is a foam core in between the outer hull and inner hull or if its hollow / solid.

Backgroud: We just found out, that the pre-owner just recolored a fracture in the grp (starboad/bowside). If it´s solid or hollow it won´t be a big deal to repair. In case it´s filled with foam, it might be we have some work for the junk press. :-(

Best regards

Phil

• 5 months later...

Hi, just to say we have a 1976 Birchwood 25. We bought her September 2020. Unfortunately we didnt get much time to go out on her before being stopped and locked down due to covid.
We started her up last week when we de winterised her and she went first time, yay, proud owner. 😃 she smokes a bit though, something to do with oil in the cylinder head, it’s leaking past the valve stems? Something like that. 
we’re looking forward to tarting her up.
happy birchwood boating 🛥

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, stella said:

Hi we have landed ourselves a birchwood boat , does anybody know where we can get a oil sump for a Ford cortina engine ? 

There are a number of versions of the Cortina sump but, chances are, I will have one.  A piccy and block casting number should be enough to identify it.

• Thanks 1

Cologne engine don't count, no-one in their right mind would put one of those in a boat, a mudweight maybe....

They had the crappy fibre timing wheel that would strip teeth for fun it given any stick, at least the essex lump had a steel timing wheel, the weight offset the extra capacity pretty much anyway.

I had a granada with the 2.3 briefly, briefly was enough....