Local Transport Info Required

LadyPatricia

I'm after some local knowledge if anyone can help.

i want to get from Somerleyton marina up to Wayford bridge hotel using public transport, taxis, horse and cart, tractor, in fact by any means possible ....... apart from walking :shocked

ive been quoted over £70 for a taxi for the whole journey. Anyone have any ideas of a cheaper way of getting there please.

my taxi, commonly known as Jaws, probably won't be available :(

cheers

steve

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with buses around Somerleyton, but the following train/bus/bus would work.

1158 Train from Somerleyton to Norwich arr 1233

First Bus service 25 (university) from Railway Station car park to Castle Meadow (frequent service).

1321 Sanders X11 bus from Castle Meadow (stand CF) to Wayford Bridge arr 1353

I've done the one way route to comply with your enquiry.  Remember that North of Hoveton you are in the land of Cinderella and have to be home early - there are very few buses in the afternoons.

Service X11 buses run directly between Norwich-Hoveton-Wayford Bridge and Stalham.

Service 11 buses run directly between Norwich and Hoveton but serve Horning-Ludham-Sutton and Catfield en route to Stalham.

• Like 2

If it's a weekend in a couple of weeks we will certainly try and be up that way... I don't need much of an excuse to go up to norfolk! although the next couple of weeks are just looking a pain :( and the mechanic needs to put in a new heating system. 

We have used Rupert from All Aboard though and he was good and fair.. We went from Brundall to Horning and it wasn't expensive.

• Like 1

:wave Hi steve there is a good taxi firm called there & back & the driver is called michael & he's very nice & he's on fbook  , he's based around wroxham ,& he really looked after us when we were down there ,  but not sure how far he goes to , here is his card , but just to let you know that most buses & taxis finish about 5pm this time of year.  lori

tmp_23878-PicsPlay_1476561900894-86596926.jpg

• Like 4