Tea Room At Salhouse Broad ?

Boaters

Just my view but for what it's worth, I think Salhouse broad is a fine place to moor. A lot of money has been spent on facilities, namely water. which must have cost a fortune to put in. There has been much work done on the landscaping and walkways, making it one of the most attractive broads in the northern region. The deeper moorings are on the western end of the broad, plenty deep enough for most craft.

As I said, just my view but that's how I see it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Just my view but for what it's worth, I think Salhouse broad is a fine place to moor. A lot of money has been spent on facilities, namely water. which must have cost a fortune to put in. There has been much work done on the landscaping and walkways, making it one of the most attractive broads in the northern region. The deeper moorings are on the western end of the broad, plenty deep enough for most craft.

As I said, just my view but that's how I see it.

It is ALSO the moorings for the NBN Spring Meet !!! :party:

7 hours ago, smellyloo said:

I really think this is a local issue and the views of those who live/work there are the only views that have relevance.

Whilst it is easy for us outsiders to moan or applaud the application we should respect the right of the locals to influence development of their environment.

My feelings exactly. Not many locals within the BA's upper echelons. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Gramps,

Beware of any distances given in "Norfolk Miles" usually a Norfolk mile is twice the distance:naughty: 

Regards

Alan

You mean that it's really sixty miles from Oulton to Potter? Blas bort, must have been doing twelve mile per hour the other week! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Peter,

It only seems to apply when walking and signposts for the villages usually say 1.5 or 1.75 miles  from the moorings, a relative short distance to catch out the casual visitor:naughty:

Regards

Alan

Thas as the crow fly bor! The wiggly bits come for free.

• Like 3

Hi Grace,

Last year we moored at Rockland St Mary Staithe  and bye passed the New Inn and walked up the hill to the village, we needed milk and a few bits & pieces so kept walking or should I say limping bye the time we eventually reached the Post Office.

We purchased the items and coffees and a slice; and made full use of the seating outside of the Post Office, resting done we headed back down to the boat, calling in the pub to reserve a table for that evening. I have to say the journey downhill to the pub was the easiest.:naughty:

Sample drunk we went back to the boat.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan

We love the Broadland walks, if there's a pub on the way, even better, I know we all love summer on the Broads but I don't think you can beat October time for a walk and a meal in a pub with an open fire, the only reason we leave before closing is the fact we love boats more, that's if we even remember we're on a boat lol :facepalm:

Sorry, this topic is about Salhouse, having a bit of a daydream ;)

Grace

• Like 3

EDP poster @ Tesco Petrol Stalham

"Salhouse Broad Cafe Turned Down" 

Sorry should have taken a photo.

Maybe the BA have the rats because of Woodbastwick staithe and the island mooring at Horning. 

A bit like the Turne Mouth business. Maybe more moorings will be won or lost by planning applications, who knows!

And they fewd according to Broads rond gossip

Put these words into a well known phrase or sentence.

"Than blood is water thicker"

Just what I heard from bloke who is not normally too far off the money.

• 1 month later...