Boater Dies At Ludham

Boaters

33 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps a tad selfish but I rather hope that that is how I go, on the Broads and on a boat. Bit of a shock for those around me but hopefully I'd have a smile on my face. I hope it was a peaceful ending.

Not selfish at all Peter.  I remember when my Grandfather passed away in the 60s, he went to bed one night, went to sleep, and never woke up. Probably the nicest way to go, but as you say, a real shock for those you leave behind.

I know we all say we love to be wealthy, with a nice big this and that, but the only thing i REALLY want is to go as peaceafully as Grandpa did. But not for many many years to come though.

It`s always sad to hear of things like this, BUT, at least the man was enjoying himself which must be at least one comfort for his family, who get my best wiashes.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HemsbyPie said:

If you could make it at a sociable time of day that'd be great 

I'll keep your request in mind! After scoffing one of your herrings might be a good alternative.

A good friend of my family died whilst racing on Oulton Broad, he quite simply sailed into the bank by the sailing club, much to the surprise of the spectators. He was sat there, hands on tiller and mainsheet, just as if he was alive. 

• Like 6

My Dad had this odd saying when I was a kid that I never really understood! he said "At the end of the game Kings and Pawns all end up in the same box"  now I'm older I understand! no matter who you are or how much money you have, when your times up it's up!

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Alan Smethurst, I remember him well.

Scattering your ashes on Hickling might be better, less chance of them being disturbed by dredging!

No, either way, the BA won`t allow it saying it`s not allowed in National Parks. .................................I`l get me coat.