Old Broads Map

jillR

I found these two maps in a bargain book shop in town in the ninetys

they were selling them off cheap so I bought 10 of each and gave them out to other boaters.

what I loved about them was the way they followed the journey and showed the land marks,

like the sysons  map I used to use on the trent.

I cant guess the age and I have found no sign of them through google or ebay.

Charlie has placed them as after the end of 1974 ..........

Its after October 28th 1974, as beaver craft in 1974 were in the basin on the fork of the Waveney and new cut. I remember them well being there as they rescued us on our Honeymoon.

Charlie

• Like 1

I started making my own version of these that I made with the help of Grendel. He passed me some digital files of OS maps of the broads minus the colours etc which I then printed out and annotated as we cruised along. Sadly only one season before I popped them in the drawer. I have been using the original files to make new maps of the Broads for the film I'm making on the Ancient History of the Broads. This time I'm using them to overlay onto a 3D terrain map and fly the 'camera' through the terrain.

• Like 1

I have since used the open street maps to create a new CAD background for the broads, north and south, this did involve a bit of work to get the right software trials to convert the map into CAD. this means I can drop my GPS tracks straight into the CAD file.

• Like 1