Can You Help?

retired

For the life of me, after some thought, I really can't see any reason why the original post would be anything but genuine. That said my first reaction was one of suspicion, such is the nature of some of the cretins who inhabit the net. Hopefully someone can help, a distressing plea.

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

It has the slight feel of a "Chain posting" to me, or a cheap trick for advertising the Ferry Inn. It might of course be genuine, in which case, good luck to them.

It looks genuine enough MM, my only concern was why on Pink background paper? 

cheersIain

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

It looks genuine enough MM, my only concern was why on Pink background paper? 

cheersIain

I don't think it is on pink paper, I think all of the pictures (if indeed they are different pictures) have been taken with a rather odd white balance setting, which has lead to the whole picture taking on a pink cast.

Yes, my heart sank too when I read it, if it is genuine I really do hope they get what they're looking for. I know we're all speculating here but if it is an advertising ploy, as far as I'm concerned it is in the worst possible taste and utterly disgusting and for me would have the opposite effect to what they are trying to achieve

Grace

• Like 2

This message is on every Broads forum and facebook group. 

I would like to think that it correct and a plea for the person who took pictures of the group whilst they were in their canoes paddling up river from the Ferry Inn at Horning to come forward with a last picture of a member of their group.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

it  is quite possible that the people who took the photo are still on their holiday, or may only just have returned home.

I for one took the original post at face value, so refrained from commenting to the above posts, at least until DF posted his piece, I know we have a few sceptics here, but I dont think the pub would sink so low as this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, diesel falcon said:

do you really think that a established broadland pub would stoop to a "avertising ploy about a death of a person??"  

Sorry DF but yes I do. I'm not saying that this IS the case in this instance, but I am in no doubt about the depths some people will sink to when trying to increase their financial pickings. Old ladies have been mugged, charity boxes have been stolen and many many other despicable actions have taken place, corporately and individually.

I said in my post that it was a possibility that the notice was from something other than a genuine source. I'm sorry you found that offensive but that does not stop it from being a possibility, and I feel no shame in expressing that view.

This forum has not degenerated, it is still the same forum it has always been and with the same values.

• Like 3

I blame the scams we often come under attack from for making some of us (me included) somewhat cautious, sceptical -and even suspicious of everything these days. 

However I do believe this is a genuine plea for help mainly because I would like to think another human wouldnt stoop so low for thier own financial gain. 

But I dont think it is fair to say this forum has "degenerated".  In my opinion its an unpleasant term to use and I find the word quite offensive.  

Any suspicions raised are insensitive more than anything but Im sure every one of us means no harm to anyone who has been bereaved. 

• Like 7

Very well put Dnks, my thoughts exactly

A year or two back now we had an elderly neighbour, she had just lost her husband and was alone in her house when a man calling himself a 'meter reader' with a very authentic badge called on her, she let him in and he stole money and jewellery from her, things that could never be replaced, so yes there are people who would stoop that low and yes it makes normal, decent human beings suspicious, she never opened her door when she was home alone after that, she died a year later

Let's hope they find the people who took the photos of their friend/loved one, if it's anything sinister. let's hope we throw the ruddy book at them, Alan said it's been posted all over so highly unlikely it is anything other than genuine

Grace

• Like 4