Toll Restructure For Broads

Boaters

Who remembers waiting lists. 

At Yalding,  in 2007 they had a waiting list of 30. Big plans approved for a 200 berth marina,  that was never built and now there are spaces always available.

Norfolk marinas always seem to find space for a newcomer these days. 

How many folk are lucky enough to be able to use their boats for more than 20 weekends per year? Probably a minority but for argument's sake take the full costs of your boating plus travelling to mooring and back for a year then divide it by twenty. Add to that the commitment and upheaval from home and there you have it,  the probable reasons why there are few waitings lists for moorings nowadays.  When the adventure turns into a chore and a burden then the boat is put up for sale.

• Like 3

Norfolk is our place of retreat, I hate airports and long flights.  I work on the basis that it still costs me less than two weeks abroard.  The other boat is fast becoming an unnecessary luxury and when we have more opportunity to take 4 day weekends it will go in favour of more trips up the M11

Also one less boat to clean,  having just spent the day on the end of a pressure washer,  that is a distinct advantage. 

• Like 3

Ah JM. There is the crux of the problem. 

The bloody cat!!!!!!  And the damn thing could go on for another 10 yrs if it's anything like the last one!!!!!

so a weekend is not as viable as a night!!!!

anyone do cat napping? Mind you the damn thing naps all the time :party: 

• Like 1

The people moored next to us have a very elderly cat that they bring with them,  . They have a steel pen  and a cat litter tray and it works out fine they also take it for short walks on a cat lead . We used to "cat sit" our daughter's British Blue  (a cat with a very definite mind of his own) we used to have a thunder  box style litter tray (little or no odour) and a very long cat lead and he would sit in the cockpit baiting the swans for hours, When off the lead he used to like to go out the galley window and walk round the boat and come in through the saloon..  Also in the days when we ran a pet shop sometimes  we'd have kittens that couldn't be left for a weekend so we used to put them in a pen and take them with us. It was never a problem, cats are independent creatures needing littler or no instruction on coping with strange environments and are very adaptable.  A cat never needs to be a reason not to go boating for the weekend.

Carole

On 12/22/2016 at 9:56 AM, JennyMorgan said:

Mr Blows, may I suggest that you contact your local MP. With inflation being so low a rise of 18.5% is unreasonable. Perhaps asking Dr Packman to justify such as rise is another way forward. Indeed asking your MP to ask Dr P might be worthwhile. It is only if people complain in number that anything could happen.

After going through the BA complaints with no joy this is now being taken up with The Local Government Ombudsman who i have spoken to this morning. they will contact the BA within the next few days

• Like 1